We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a way to forward a Cellcom number to a US phone?

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Is there a way to forward a Cellcom number to a US phone?

I am finishing a trip in Israel, and I bought a SIM card for my iPhone for the first time (I used to rent phones here). Since I own the card and the number, I was thinking about keeping it active and forwarding it to my US number? Does anyone know how to do it?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a way to forward a Cellcom number to a US phone?

You can't do a "call forward" to a number outside of Israel, Cellcom and most (if not all) Israeli operators do not support this.

However, if you do insist there is a workaround that can be done - if you rent a local (Israeli) number (a universal service Called DID - Direct inward dialing, corporations use it to have local numbers in every country) and calling this (land) number actually diverts to your number in the US, in costs that are much below any roaming coast. The last thing you need to do is to divert calls from you Cellcom number to this Israeli landline. You'll pay for the call from you SIM to an Israeli landline costs (usually cheap, but verify your package) and you pay the rates of the DID company you've selected (usually a (small) fixed rate + pay-per-minute).

Or - just save the SIM for your next visit.

Jerusalem, Israel
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a way to forward a Cellcom number to a US phone?

much easier way - goto http://www.misparchinam.com/ and get a free israeli number that will forward to America. Then just forward your iphone number to your new israeli number from above and voila!

www.yeshivasites.com

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a way to forward a Cellcom number to a US phone?

aviel c,

that's exactly the kind of service I was describing in my post. It's called DID in the telecom world.

4. Re: Is there a way to forward a Cellcom number to a US phone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 07:19