We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Someone who had received my guide sent me an e-mail that he had gone to the office of Zion Walking Tour inside the Jaffa Gate and found no one there. Someone else had written the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Can someone confirm whether they are still in operation? If not, I need to update my guide and we need to know that when giving advice; if so, I would like to let the person who contacted me know.

Thanks!

Douglas Duckett

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
818 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Their website has been down for weeks, perhaps it's down permanently.

Someone else asked the same question here last month.

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k6230…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

I am hoping one of our guide-posters will verify. It's a loss if they have closed as they offered good tours.

Douglas Duckett

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Douglas, I almost hate to suggest this to you, but you could drop an e-mail to the folks at Christ Church and ask them. They are literally one door away from Zion WT.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

I will do that or ask Madeleine Lavine to check. Thanks for the suggestion!

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,758 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

I passed by about a month ago and the office was closed. But I have never seen it open. Otherwise it looked the same as always. No sign on the window indicating they are out of business. I'll check when I get there again. It might be in May sometime.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Thanks for the responses, folks. I did hear from Madeleine Lavine, who reported that she had bumped into Aram Khatchadourian, the tour guide whom Zion Walking Tours often uses. She asked him about Zion Tours, and he said that they were still operating but only through advanced booking.

She also reported, like Shoshi, that the store is still there and it looked inhabited if empty. There is also a sign up for their tours at Jaffa Gate. She is going to check further into it and report back, and when she does, I will share any additional information.

The website does not appear to be functioning. My guess is that the Sandeman's tours have cut into their business a great deal.

I will adjust my advice to folks touring the Old City accordingly.

Douglas Duckett

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Zion Walking Tours to schedule a tour? I would really love to schedule a walking tour of Jerusalem - and, per your recommendation Doug, would love to schedule it with Aram - but despite having contacted them through their website twice, have received no response. I also cannot find any other way to contact them except through the "contact us" page on their website. (The website does appear to be "functioning" in the sense that the pages load, if that's what you meant, Doug, by it not functioning.) If anyone has any other information on how to set up a tour through them (especially with Aram) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Call:

Aram H. Khatchadourian

P.O. Box 14003

Old City, Jerusalem

91140 Israel

Cell: 050-735-1859

Home: 02-626-4537

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Thank you. Does anyone know if there is a way to get in touch with Zion Tours in case I can't get hold of Aram, or if Aram's private tour prices are too expensive for me (as I am only a group of 2, with my husband). Thanks again!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zion Walking Tours -- still in business?

Goldilox, I appreciate you trying to run down this information. Obviously you need it for your upcoming trip (and I second the recommendation of Aram Khatchadourian, by the way), but I need a definitive answer on this as I include info about Zion Walking Tours prominently in the Jerusalem section of my guide. If they are no longer in business, I need to update that.

Douglas Duckett

Visiting Fort Lauderdale, Florida