We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Level Contributor
423 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

We are a family of 5 ( girls 17,12,7) looking to spend a month in Israel. Looking for month long apt rental in Jerusalem with reasonable rate within 20 minutes of the Old City as well as the best month to travel ( economically speaking). Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

If you are not tied to school schedules, etc. then your best bet would be Oct/Nov or April/May - both in terms of lower costs, less crowded and good weather. For April you need to make sure that you are arriving after the Passover holiday.

dallas
Level Contributor
423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

Thanks Oreets. We are not tied to any fixed schedule. My husband and I traveled in 2009 in Nov. and it was wonderful. We were actually thinking about April/May after Passover :) so its good to hear a second opinion on that. Any tips on monthly apt rentals? I would like to rent an apt for the month in Jerusalem and do mostly day trips as well as several overnights to the Negev and up North.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

See my reply on your other thread. April/May is a great time to visit. You can rent an apartment for a month but my suggestion is to divide your holiday. You can rent apartments for a week in the main big cities and then get zimmers in the north. There are many different options for overnights in the south.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

I will add my endorsement of April (post-Passover) and May -- wonderful time to be in Israel. The rains are over, but temperatures tend to be moderate except for the occasional hamsin/sharav, a desert east wind that may make things hot for a brief time. But otherwise, the weather is perfect! And you will likely be there for the observance of Yom Ha-Zikkaron (Remembrance Day) and Yom Ha-Atzma'ut (Independence Day), which is the next day. It's very moving and (in the case of Independence Day) fun.

Enjoy your visit! I'm envious that you have so much time. :-)

Douglas Duckett

5. Re: Best travel time for family of 5staying a month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19