We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driver

Hi! We are a family of 5 and we are looking for a driver with a van for August 5 - 12 to go around Jerusalem. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you, thank you!!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver

Only a driver and only in Jerusalem?

Chana

Houston, Texas...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver

Hi Chana!

Maybe TLV as well...

And Picking us from Airport (TLV) - ride to Jerusalem, and back to TLV.

Thanks!

Yael

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver

I suggest that you post more details of your entire itinerary : number of days, interests, ages of children, etc, etc.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
266 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver

First two are large well established car and private bus companies:

http://www.bontour.co.il/en/

http://www.jackyulzari.co.il (Hebrew only. You can contact them by email - sales@yulzari.co.il or phone 03-6858858)

www.or-jerusalem.co.il is a small company based in Jerusalem. They may be more flexible then the large ones (Again Hebrew only, and no email. call them at 1700-500-111 or 052-2861538)

Edited: 02 July 2013, 19:17
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver

Without knowing your itinerary and what you would like to see let me throw this out here......

A car or van is generally not needed in both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. It's actually more of a hindrance than a help!

Are you planning on any specific out of the way sites?

Dr. Z

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver

To add to what Dr. Z wrote above. A driver, is just that--someone who drives. He is not responsible for suggesting what you should do or what you should see. He is not responsible for knowing what is the best order to see things. Those tasks are the purview of a licensed driver. A driver is legally not allowed to act as a guide unless he/she has both licenses.

To get from the airport to Jerusalem I suggest you use the Nesher sherut, A sherut holds 10 people and goes when full. It is 62 NIS a person, including luggage and it is door to door service. That means it would be 310NIS for all of you. (day and night fare is the same) A private taxi ( if you could find one for 5) is 257 day and 307 night. THen you add 5NIS for the airport, approx. 4 NIS PER suitcase and extra for persons 3-5.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver

You would be best off either finding an independent driver or taking taxis. The large companies charge much more than private drivers. In Jerusalem you can try Ramot Taxis who have minivans, to get around that city. Their phone number is: +972-02-500-0003 Keep in mind that if you hire a driver for your visit you are liable for an entire day fee which can come to as much as $300 (depending on the amount of traveling) for the day plus the driver's meal. If you decide to travel and stay away overnight add his hotel room.

Are you looking for someone to be with you all day? Or just to go from point A to point B on a given day, and back again?

Chana

Israel

Houston, Texas...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Driver

Hi Chana and all,

Thanks for your help!

We are a family of 5... We already have an itinerary with the sites to visit, but instead of renting a car or taking cabs/taxis are interested on having a van with a driver for Aug. 5-13 in Jerusalem. The best would be if the same person could pick us up at the airport... Drive us to and through Jerusalem and then back to Tel Aviv. I appreciate your help! Thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driver

Yael--we read your post the first time and responded as we thought appropriate. Contact egged.co.il--they also have drivers and mini-vans. But as I said, and others have said--what you are looking for may not be a great idea. ( and repeating your post.....

Houston, Texas...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Driver

Thanks rdglady -

I know I posted the first time but some asked if I had an itinerary, days of my stay, etc. I tried being more specific. Sorry if I'm losing your time, if I am... I would suggest you don't instead of being disrespectful. Thanks everyone else for your help!