We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

I am going to be in Jerusalem for one day on Saturday, July 20th. My flight does not leave Tel Aviv until 12:40 A.M. on Sunday morning. I am taking a day tour that ends back at the hotel in Jerusalem at 5:30. I was thinking about getting a taxi at about 8:30 to head back to Tel Aviv. Anyone have any suggestions on something to do from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Sights to see?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

Have a nice dinner in the New City! Lots of choices.

Douglas Duckett

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

It's difficult to give advice as to what sites you should see without knowing what the tour will be showing you.

What is the itinerary of the one day tour?

Dr. Z

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

Saturday is Shabbat and things won't be opening in the new city until later in the evening. The Moslem and Christian quarters in the old city will be in full swing, though. You could explore the Old City on your own or go to the Western Wall to take in the atmosphere as Shabbat is ending and the Jewish quarter starts to come alive again. It would be helpful to know what you have already seen on the tour.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

The OP is planning on going back to the airport at 8:30. My listings show that Shabbat ends at 8:25 on that day.....no sense waiting for the Jewish Qtr to come alive again....they'll miss their flight.

Dr. Z

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

Have a bite to eat at the Lavan Restaurant at the Cinemateque on the Hebron Road or Notre Dame rooftop restaurant opposite the New Gate.

6. Re: Sightseeing in Jerusalem after dark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:18