We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

We are planning a family trip (21 of us) next year..

Rb@pobox.com

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

You need to email him. See any of his mails offering the guide for his email address.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

Welcome to the forum.

While Doug's book is a starting point a group of 21 people should be working with a professional guide to help plan your trip and guide you as you proceed. A guide can help with an itinerary, hotels, buses etc. etc. Look at top questions on the upper left and 7 or 8 down is a link concerned with hiring private guides. (BTW I am NOT a guide)

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

Twenty one people is nothing to mess around with. Yes, the guide along with Fodor's or Frommers guidebook will help you see what's in store for you but the sheer logistics of such a trip need to be done with a professional.

I would definitely start with a licensed Israeli guide to get their advice.

Dr. Z

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

I believe that I have sent the guide; if not, you can write me at Labatt@fuse.net.

Yes, with this group, I think you are best off getting professional assistance as well. But my guide could help you formulate what kinds of questions you need to ask as well as giving you some background. A good, more comprehensive guide such as Fodor's or Frommer's will fill that picture out far more. (And I have no idea what the best Spanish-language guides are.)

Douglas Duckett

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

With a group of 21 I would use a tour operator (who will take care of all the logistics and recommend guides for you to choose from) or a private guide which may require you to do some extra work yourself. Tour operators can book blocks of rooms at discount rates and provide a bus and driver for the whole time. With a group of 21 you need both a guide and a driver. A guide can't be expected to be guiding and driving a bus that would accommodate this number of people.

Tour operators that I would recommend include Eshet Incoming http://www.eshetincoming.com/

Da'at Tours http://www.daattravel.com/

Gate 1 Tours-http://www.gate1travel.com/israel-travel/default.aspx

You can also work directly with a private guide who will help you with hotels, booking a bus and driver, itinerary etc.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

Good point about needing a separate driver too - not only does it not make sense for a guide to be driving that large a vehicle, it isn't legal either.

Odense
Level Contributor
386 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

Did the OP say that he needed no professional assistance?

8. Re: Doug: kindly send me the booklet too!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 07:18