We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight question- eilat to tel aviv

San Jose, Ca
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
flight question- eilat to tel aviv

Hi All

My flight from Tel Aviv leaves on a Monday morning at 8:00am

I will be in Eilat on Sunday

I was thinking of taking a one way flight from Eilat to Tel Aviv . The last flight leaves at 9:50pm.

is it too risky to take the last flight at 9:50pm (concerned if flight was cancelled or really delayed I could be in trouble). The only other flight is at 1:00pm, so I feel it is too early in the day and wont give enough time in Eilat as I come back from Petra.

any feedback on what you think ?

thx don

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

No problem. According to the Israeli rules, flight cancellation is legal only if the flight was cancelled at least two weeks before the flight. Moreover, if in any case the flight is cancelled at the last moment you have enough time to get to Ben Gurion airport by public transportion or taxi.

Another notice: There are two airports near Tel Aviv, the international Ben Gurion airport and a smaller airport called "Sde Dov", in the northern part of Tel Aviv. Note that your flight is to Ben Gurion.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,093 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

You should check the El Al, Arkia AND Israir web sites for flight schedules (both to Ben Gurion and Sde Dov).

You don't have to be at TLV until 5 AM so you have the problem of what to do until then. You could check into a hostel in Tel-Aviv and sleep until 4 AM, then take a taxi to the airport.

To get from Sde Dov to the airport, either take a taxi directly there or take a very short taxi ride to the University train station and then a train to the airport.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,799 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

Be sure you are on the flight to Ben Gurion, if you are planning on hanging out at the airport all night. I personally suggest taking an earlier flight to Sde Dov and checking into a hotel for some shut eye before your trip. If your trip to Petra is from the previous day you should have no problems getting to a flight earlier than 9:50. By the way you should check all three airlines at both airports. Even today there are more flights for the coming days than you are stipulating for an unknown date in the future.

Chana

Israel

San Jose, Ca
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

Hi all

Thanks for your help and advise on other airlines besides EL AL that flies within Israel.

there will be 8 of us travelling and I am not going til next May, but since there is 8, I am trying to do my homework now about hotels, flights......

For both Israir and Arkia, i do not see any flights in may, is it just too early ?

(EL AL has 3 flights showing now from Eilat to tel Aviv, one leaves at 1:30pm and the other at 9:50pm) We really want to spend an entire day in Eilat relaxing at the red sea, and that is why i was thinking about the 9:50pm flight)

if we had a car, how long of a drive is it to Tel Aviv from Eilat ?

I just have 1 more question, I am planning to rent a car, what size car would fit 4 adults and 4 luggages into comfortably ? Is a Mazda3 ok, or is it too small with 4 pieces of luggage?

As always, many thanks for your help

Don

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,799 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

There are many flights on all three airlines in May. Its possible that Arkia and Israir have yet to update their systems that are available on-line. Try again less than 9 months before expected departure.

The drive from Eilat is about 4 hours non-stop. Check wirh rental agencies regarding drop off fee which may be charged for such a rental if not for a minimum number of days. You can also take the bus which is least expensive and very convenient (takes about 5.5 hours).

Regarding a car Mazda 3 would be too small for you. Try a Mazda 6 or even a minivan. The Mazda's trunk is not so big and while you never know what model you will get, why worry that all your belongings won't fit.

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

It is way too early for booking internal flights or reserving a car. Most rates are not yet posted.

I would suggest that the Mazda 3 is too small for 4 adults and luggage. Be aware that when you order a car in Israel, you can request a certain type of car but you will get a car in the same category, and not necessarily the car you ordered. It is more important to chose the class of car, which determines the size, than the exact car.

San Jose, Ca
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

Greetings

thanks for all your help.

I will check in about a month on flights within Israel. as for the car, what class is the Mazda 6 and minivan categorized ?

thx don

8. Re: flight question- eilat to tel aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 06:19