We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sad to go back home today

East sussex
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Sad to go back home today

Visited all the places I wanted and all the towns. New and old city Jerusalem, Jericho, got baptised at the Jordan river, capernum, galilee bought the wine too, Masada, Ein Geid, Dead Sea, the list is endless. Thank you all going home later today. Garden Tomb was awesome this morning, could not see the closed Golden gate did not feel comfortable getting any more close than I already was. Felt safe all the time. Loved every bit of it. Coming beck again next year with all my family

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sad to go back home today

Glad you had such a good time. The fact that you are coming back next year says it all.

And I hope the food worked out OK and you didn't have to go to McDonald's!

East sussex
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sad to go back home today

Did not do macDonalds though we saw one in Nazareth I think if not new Jerusalem. My fab dish was the Palastinian Makloobhi pardon the sp & name but its the upside down rice......

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sad to go back home today

There are dozens (maybe hundreds) of branches of McDonald's in Israel, but I'm very glad you managed to avoid them and tried local food instead.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sad to go back home today

I'm very happy to hear that you had such a good trip! Thanks for being an ambassador for what we regulars know -- that Israel is safe and a fabulous place to visit.

Douglas Duckett

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sad to go back home today

It was great to hear you had such a good time. The Garden tomb would be one of my favourite places also.

Israel becomes addictive - I'm sure you will have a ball planning your next trip! :)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sad to go back home today

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time - no surprise there - and that you enjoyed makluba and other local foods

We'll be here waiting when you come back next year.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sad to go back home today

Great report - succinct and positive.

Great to hear you're coming back for more :)

Edited: 27 August 2013, 15:10
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,360 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sad to go back home today

Glad you had a great time. I too transitioned my location and since mid-day Israel time, I have been back in NYC. --with tickets already booked for my next 3 month stay!!

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
122 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sad to go back home today

Glad you had a great time and yes, maklouba/ma'alouba/maglouba is a great meal!

10. Re: Sad to go back home today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:19