We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mamilla vs leonardo plaza

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
mamilla vs leonardo plaza

i have the option to stay 3 nights in either of these two hotels. any thoughts as to which is better?

i am looking for luxury/romantic . going to be with my wife which will wow her more?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

Without doubt, the Mamilla Hotel. There's no comparison between the two.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

BTW, I believe you were the poster asking earlier about mehadrin supervision at Jerusalem hotels. Do remember that the Mamilla Hotel has standard Jerusalem rabbinate kashrut supervision and not mehadrin.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,609 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

Mamilla hands down for a romantic setting and right next to the Old City.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

Mamilla. Right near Old City, newer hotel. Note that the design of the hotel is very chic, modern, minimalist. Some reviewers have even complained that it is *too* minmalist (not enough shelf space in bathroom, very dim lighting in rooms (I guess that might work for a romantic stay), transparent doors on bathroom). A bit of form over function.

Leonardo Plaza is a solid choice, but not as fancy, and a bit more conventional in design.

I'd still pick Mamilla, despite the shortcomings, because it looks fun and luxurious!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

I would definitely choose Mamilla! Much better in all aspects including location

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,752 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

I have toured the Mamilla and stayed at the Plaza ( when it was a Sheraton) Hands down for romantic and luxury the Mamilla. However, as said it is not Menhadrin. ( although they will get you Menhadrin food upon request) There used to be a rep from the hotel who wrote on this forums. I do not know what happened to him.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

yes. you are correct: :-)

it will be factored in. however as it seems the prices in the leonardo are above budget, it is probably not much of a factor.

btw i love how you guys are so responsive! its really great to have a way to plan even the little details of my upcoming trip with good info

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

ok so it seems pretty unanimous that mamilla is the better choice.

i checked my points though and mamilla would cost me 120$ leonardo would be free.

is it worth 120 more?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,752 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

worth more???, that is a question only you can decide. Personally, I'd spend the money on meals at the Plaza. To be in Israel and not be able to fully partake of the meals because you are getting special Kosher seems ludicrous to me. If you were eating at the Mamilla, it would be a different story!

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mamilla vs leonardo plaza

I'm with rdglady on this one. Stay at a hotel where you can eat the food!