We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duo spa in leonardo

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
duo spa in leonardo

can anyone tell me what a spa package consists of in the duo spa in the leonardo plaza in jerusalem? what are the costs? also if there is anyone on the forum who can answer this, is it suitable for a charaydi couple?

i have never been to a spa. not sure what they are all about but i think my wife would like it. (just from seeing the pictures on the hotel website)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,091 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duo spa in leonardo

This question should probably be asked directly from the hotel. Even the part about Charaidi couple.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duo spa in leonardo

You ask, on an internet forum -

" is it suitable for a charaydi couple? " which is surely a question for your LOR or Rav.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duo spa in leonardo

Haven't used this spa but this hotel does cater to a hareidi population, food is kosher lemehedrin.

I do know that in Israel, the spas are sensitive to religious observances and do offer choices. However, you really need to check with your Rabbi about what is appropriate, the hotel is selling a service, they don't know you.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: duo spa in leonardo

i do not know what a spa is about. is it just a place for private down time , or more . i am aware you can probably do what you wish, but are you really utilizing it then? so i need someone who knows , to comment. one cannot ask an lor without knowing what one is asking. yes the question is deliberately vague, i need info so i can proceed. i thought that much was clear from my question

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duo spa in leonardo

Trip Advisor contributors, even Destination Experts, are not qualified to advise on personal Halachic matters such as this. Particularly not in the Asseret Yemai T'shuva. Definitely a question for your Rav.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: duo spa in leonardo

again. it is a question of if anyone used it, what is it all about. sometimes it is clear cut in that case one would be able to say, no it is not suitable.

please calm down

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,269 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: duo spa in leonardo

<<i do not know what a spa is about. is it just a place for private down time , or more .>>

www.israeltraveler.org/en/business/duospa-jr

I have never used it, and all I know is what I have read on websites. It has a treatment room for couples, and a treatment room (maybe more than one room) for individuals.

But as for whether it's suitable for your specific needs as a haredi couple, without knowing you personally nobody on this forum can answer that.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: duo spa in leonardo

A spa has a sauna, swimming pool and treatment rooms. The first two are co-ed(most likely also in the Plaza) but treatment rooms are for individuals. The person providing the treatment such as a massage, reflexology on feet, exfoliating of skin, hot rocks for acing muscles& others are given by professionals by appointment. Each individual disrobes in their own private room after which the person giving the treatment comes in. One has the choice of requesting either a male or a female which is always honored. Note that at no time is a person laying in their birthday suite on a table. Only body parts receiving the treatment are uncovered. If this is something that appeals to you ask for more explicit information when you check into the hotel. The staff at the spa will be happy to assist.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: duo spa in leonardo

thank you that is a normal response providing the info i need to make an informed decision. thank you

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: duo spa in leonardo

Treatments at the spa include massages either privately or a couple may choose to be in the same room together. The person giving the massage is a professional. Massages are intended to relax your muscles. This may include just kneading the muscles with the hands or it may include using items such as hot rocks which are used to massage muscles and then left in place so the warmth penetrates the skin. It can include oils as well. Other spa services may be manicures or pedicures (including removing dead skin from the feet and massaging the feet and lower legs, and trimming nails). Most spa's have a sauna or steam room which may or may not be co-ed. If it is co-ed you wear a bathing suit, if it is not, then you usually just wear a towel. For the masseuse, a man can request a male and a woman can request a female but you need to say this in advance. Most spa's don't have a strict separation of men and women so you may see others walking around in bathrobes or bathing suits. You would need to find out about this as perhaps this hotel does provide for this service given their clientele.

By the way, your question was not totally clear at the beginning. People gave sincere answers. We could not know that you did not know the questions to ask until you stated it. Hope you have a more complete picture now and can find out whether this is right for you.