We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

On their website, Yad Vashem says that on Thursdays their hours are 9:00-20:00* and that

* The Holocaust History Museum, Museum of Holocaust Art, Exhibitions Pavilion and Synagogue are open until 20:00. All other sites close at 17:00. Does anyone know what the "other sites" are that are closed? Does that mean the cafeteria is closed for dinner?

My plan that day is to rent a car (which we need for the next few days of travel), visit Mount Scopus in the morning, stop for lunch, visit the Chagall windows and spend some time at Hadassah Hospital at Ein Kerem (13:00-15:30 - we need to be there for theses hours) then visit Yad Vashem at about 16:00.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you - Eve

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

All other sites include the Hall of Remembrance, the Children's Memorial, the AV center and outdoor areas that are farther afield such as the Valley of Communities.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

The library and archives would be closed.The other sites would include the exhibits not in the main building which would include the Valley of the Communities, Children's memorial and other sites. If you want to see the main museum, it would be fine to arrive at 4pm. On Thursdays the restaurant is open until 8pm.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

I'd reverse your day. Start at Yad Vashem - it's not a good place to go when you have low energy at the end of the day. Then go to Hadassah, and some reflective time with the Chagall windows will be good after Yad Vashem. You can then finish off the day with the view over the Old City from Mt Scopus. But NB Mt Scopus is on the absolute far side of the city, there's not really much to do there apart from the view, and I'd actually suggest skipping it and instead going down into Ein Kerem village for dinner after Hadassah.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

Thanks for the helpful info!! I like the idea of flipping the days' itinerary. I want to visit Mt. Scopus because I spent a summer there in ulpan in the mid 80's. But I could visit there another day.

Do you have suggestions on destinations in Ein Kerem village for dinner? What is parking like? I've never rented a car in Israel before and I am concerned about parking in places that don't have obvious parking lots, eg, museums.

5. Re: A day at Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem and Yad Vashem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:18