We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best budget alcohol

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Best budget alcohol

Cheapest spirit/wine/beer - best cheap alcohols - Jerusalem

Thanks

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,362 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best budget alcohol

There is no requirement to indulge in alcohol. You can have a fantastic trip to Israel and just "drunk" on being in such a very special place.

2. Re: Best budget alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 00:03
Jerusalem, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best budget alcohol

If you are interested in purchasing bottles, try the shops in the Machne Yehuda market. They usually have some sale.

Draft beer? The local Goldstar beer is decent and can be found in all the pubs. A few places in city center have happy hours.

The Record (Queen Helene st.) have 1+1 everyday until 21:00 (and they show Premier League)

The Bell (Rivlin St.) have 50% of on weekdays

Generally in the "Cats Square" all the pubs will have deals for you but they tend to be more crowded.

Drink responsibly :)

los angeles
Level Contributor
800 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best budget alcohol

Jesus turned the water into wine. But that was very long ago.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best budget alcohol

I am coming to live in Jerusalem for a year, I will be drinking at some point during my living here. I don't need lectures about drinking as a grown man looking for budget alcohol. Also looking for budget alcohol doesn't mean I will be on a drinking holiday/drinking excessively. I just wanted advice on cheap brands locals enjoy in Israel. Good lord.

6. Re: Best budget alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 00:03
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best budget alcohol

Another OP who gives no background information whatsoever and is then offended when the answers are not to his/her liking because nobody could possibly have guessed what it was all about.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best budget alcohol

There really aren't cheap brands in Israel in the same way as there are, for example, in London - for various reasons, including very high taxation on alcohol, relatively little imported alcohol, and much less of a drinking culture.

You can get a drinkable bottle of wine beginning at around 30-40 shekels, and beer is around 40 shekels for 6 bottles in the supermarket; the last beer I bought in a bar cost 23 shekels I think. Spirits are very expensive, and if you like to drink vodka/whisky etc, definitely pick up a bottle in the duty free on your way to Israel. It will be far cheaper there and you will have much greater choice.

Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best budget alcohol

That's nice to know ... that drunkenness isn't a big part of Israeli culture. So are your pubs more like "family pubs" - where children can attend with their parents, and the focus is having a meal and playing some darts - rather than drinking and getting drunk?

Dixon
Level Contributor
160 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best budget alcohol

So many questions about this marvelous city and you are concerned about cheap booze?

Savor the excellent beers and wines while enjoying a meal.

Grown man needs no permission to get drunk, but please respect the way locals see you within the walls of the old city. It is a special place that means so much to people of different faiths.

I hope your year in this country will be enlightening.