We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is late April a good time to visit Israel? Weather/holidays?

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is late April a good time to visit Israel? Weather/holidays?

Hey you all. It's been a while since I kept in touch. Just to update, I was extremely excited in visiting Israel in mid-November, was considering going with a tour group. However, I will not be able to make it in November, I'm a little disappointed but I have waited many years to visit Israel, I can wait a couple of more months. However, now I am planning to visit Israel in late April, considering going with a tour group but extending the trip for a few days more to cover more ground on my own. Another great plus about now wanting to go to Israel in April, is that I have rallied several friends and family and I have injected excitement in them and this time I will not be traveling alone. Basically, my question is how is late April in Israel? I believe we will be departing on April 22nd, which is two days after Easter. Is this a good time to visit, as far as being or not being the peak season? Weather? Is it Spring time? Is Everything blooming? Thank you all very much!!!! Jaime form Brownsville, TX.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,321 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is late April a good time to visit Israel? Weather/holidays?

Late April is a great time to come (actually, any time is a great time) - the weather will be pleasant, not too hot, not cold, the rains will be over and you will be arriving after Passover, so the peak of the Passover/Easter rush will be over.

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is late April a good time to visit Israel? Weather/holidays?

Thank you for your (quick) response Oreets. I'm so excited (again)!!!!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is late April a good time to visit Israel? Weather/holidays?

Hi, Jimmy. I was wondering how you were getting on just the other day.

Hey you will be arriving just as I leave. (We fly out on the 23rd.) Yes, it's a great time. :) I've been in March/April twice now and while it can get pretty warm on some days it's generally great for travelling and nowhere near the heat that comes later on. But you are from Texas so you know all about the heat.

Oreets mentioned the rains were over. We only saw rain in early March - by April there was not a drop of rain so it was great for taking pictures every day.

The Spring flowers were out each time we were there - it's beautiful in the countryside to see the wild flowers growing.

4. Re: Is late April a good time to visit Israel? Weather/holidays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:19