We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help! how do you message someone????

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
help! how do you message someone????

I don't use TRIP ADVISOR often and every time I approach it --- it seems to change just a bit.....

Can someone tell me how to send a private message?

Thanks,

Eva

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help! how do you message someone????

Click on the person's icon to whom you want to send a message. That brings you to their profile page. Underneath the person's icon there, you will see their profile, and, underneath that profile box you will see another box with "send message" and "block member." Click on "send message" and, voila, you'll have a box where you can enter your message to the person.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help! how do you message someone????

Someone suggested that I message.... anmejoshme..... I don't have her picture / profile.... any other ways.

Thanks

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help! how do you message someone????

Well - there's probably a better way, but one way is to type "anmejoshme" into the search box immediately above your first entry on this page and you'll and you'll be brought to a page where anmejoshme's entries on this forum appear, with her name highlighted for each forum thread she was party to. Click on one of those highlighted anmejoshme entries and then you'll be brought to her forum entry page where her icon appears - and click on her icon and you'll have the ability to send her a message.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,717 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help! how do you message someone????

If you are viewing the forum in an iPhone or iPad app you can't see the message function. You would need to use the safari browser and then find the full site view to access it. (If you need help with this just let me know and I'll explain step by step how to find it.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help! how do you message someone????

I am using my iPad now and the lack of features in Tripadvisor's app is the reason I never use it, but use the full-blown Safari version.

Level Contributor
600 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help! how do you message someone????

Heather ... I would really appreciate step by step instructions. I punch in "safari browser", and then I still don't know what to do next.

Perhaps there are a few people who would benefit from "knowing how".

If you put together the step by step ... thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help! how do you message someone????

Glad the OP found me!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,717 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help! how do you message someone????

I am glad the OP reached you ok, Annmejoshme.

Firebrand, are you using an iPhone or an iPad? I don't understand what you mean by <<<punch in safari browser>>>. It sounds like you are looking for the safari browser in Google. :)

The Safari Browser is the browser you use on an iPad or iPhone to access the Internet. If you are on a computer then the equivalent would be 'Internet explorer', 'firefox' or 'google chrome'.

Once you are looking at the Internet in a browser (and not an application on a mobile device) then first you need to get to this forum and make sure you are looking at the full version of the site. Any browser on a mobile device will automatically take you to a reduced version of the site. To find the full version of the forum look up at the top of the page and on the left side of the heading 'tripadvisor' you will see a green box with lines through it. Click on that and a list will appear on the left side of the page. Scroll down until you see the words 'full site' and click on that.

You should now see the full site the same way you would see it if you were on a normal computer. Go to a post where the person you want to contact has posted. Click on the person's name. Look down the column on the left and click on the words 'send message'. If you are on a mobile device you may have to resize the page to find the text box that appears. Once you have found it you can write your message.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help! how do you message someone????

Probably not necessary now, but to get into Safari on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod, press the Safari icon which appears as one of the "permanent" icons along the bottom of the screen. This brings you into your browser (Safari). Type in " tripadvisor.com" in the web address line the top of your browser screen. Press the More button at the top of the screen in the green bar. Select "travel forums" from the drop down menu and navigate to the Israel forum. Go from there as outlined above.

- or -

In your trip advisor app type in "anmejoshme" in the search bar. That will bring you to a list of forum entries where anmejoshme appears. Select any one of the forum entries on the list and then then find ahmejoshme's entry. Click on her icon (or her name) and then proceed as outlined above.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 11:10
Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help! how do you message someone????

I will say trying to use TripAdvisor in a browser on an iPhone or iPod really doesn't work. There's just not enough screen. On an iPad it works just fine.