We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Jerusalem to Amman & Amman to Tel Aviv

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Jerusalem to Amman & Amman to Tel Aviv

I am trying to find the cheapest transportation route (that still has air conditioning) from Jerusalem to Amman and then from Amman back to the airport at Tel Aviv. The airfare round trip from Tel Aviv to Amman (a 45 min flight) is almost 700 dollars which is insane. I am happy to go by bus or train, does anyone have any suggestions and prices? Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,564 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Jerusalem to Amman & Amman to Tel Aviv

There are no trains - your options are a private taxi to the border, an Arab bus to the border or an Arab shared taxi (servees) to the border. Once you cross the border to Jordan, I suggest you ask on the Jordan forum for the options there, but I am guessing they are pretty much the same options.

On the return you basically reverse what you did to get back to Jerusalem. From Jerusalem you can arrange for the Nesher sherut - a shared taxi shuttle to the airport - that needs to be reserved at least a day or two in advance.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 21:26
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Jerusalem to Amman & Amman to Tel Aviv

See this recent thread which describes the trip in reverse tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k651…

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Jerusalem to Amman & Amman to Tel Aviv

Keep in mind that travel to Amman by land from Jerusalem requires that you obtain a visa prior to departing your country of residence.

I am sure that taking a bus or taxi on both sides of the border will be less than $700 but may take significantly more time travelwise.

Chana

Israel

4. Re: Transportation from Jerusalem to Amman & Amman to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 05:17