We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

In Jerusalem now. Bought olive wood for gifts. Looking for Dead Sea products. Which brand is best? Where to buy? Almost bought at Camel market in Tel Aviv yesterday but too confused

Having a great time. Perfect weather,

Switzerland
Level Contributor
601 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

I can only tell you which my favourite brands are:

- AHAVA: I like the "Time to Hydrate" product line but not the "Time to Revitalize" products. As I have also to buy products for friends, I buy at different places and calculate the average. Normally I look out for special offers at the AHAVA Shop in Mamilla Mall (they reduced the price when I was asking, with Tax Refund) and Superfarm (Mamilla Mall has also Tax Refund, Dizengoff Center didn't give me). At the airport they offered "4 for 3" and "5 for 4" in October.

- Dr. Fischer: Moisturizer for different skin types. I know that I receive "my" moisturizer in Superfarm, sometimes they have special offers. Speak with the staff.

- Sea of Spa has the "Black Pearl" line. I adore, but it's veeery expensive compared with the other brands and I couldn't find special offers until now.

- Premier and -417: some of my friends like it, I didn't try yet.

Depending on your skin type you have to choose what's best for you. You could go to these tiny cosmetic shops and try the different brands. Sometimes you get free samples - so you can try out which brand/line is best for you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

There are shops selling Dead Sea products everywhere. Go to the Ben-Yehuda mall, where you'll find plenty.

Boston...
Level Contributor
530 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

My family usually requests a few tubes of Ahava Liquid Dead Sea Salt scrub. They also make a very good skin cream called Dermud. If you take a day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea, a lot of the buses make a stop at Ahava's factory.

Like another poster noted, Premier is another big brand. They're well-represented in US shopping malls, and expensive here.

Dead Sea products are also available at the airport after passing through security.

California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

Thanks all. Do I haggle? The hand creme in tel aviv is 10 nis. How much should I pay for ahava? Is it cheaper at mamilla mall? Are the closed on Friday afternoon?Only have Thursday night Friday and Sunday for shopping. Still need to do Temple Mount and holocaust museum

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

No, you DON'T haggle. The only place you haggle is in the tourist shops in the bazaar. Everywhere else, prices are fixed and that is what you pay. An exception might be if you buy several items and you might ask for (but not necessarily get) a small discount.

Prices for the same toiletry items are the same everywhere. Ten shekels for a hand crème is extremely inexpensive, and you would be nuts to run all over the place - especially with your very limited time - looking for it even cheaper!

Shops at the airport are open 24/7. Elsewhere they will start to close on Fridays at about 1 or 2 p.m.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,233 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

The Ahava shop in Mamila and many others will also be open Sat night

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

We discovered that the Ahava store at Mamilla Mall has the same prices as the outlet store at the Dead Sea.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

You might find Ahava products at lower prices at regular pharmacies so it's worth checking. You won't be entitled to the VAT tax refund however as you would at the Ahava stores where prices are standard.

troy mi
Level Contributor
909 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

Just remember no matter what cream products you buy, to be safe put them in checked luggage. You can buy after BG Security and carry-on, but unless your flight is non-stop, you will lose them before the connecting flights at many airports that require re-screening

10. Re: Dead Sea hand and face creme. Which brand and where

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:16