We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many day would you stay?

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
How many day would you stay?

I have 7 days put aside to travel and see sites up North and for Jerusalem.....my question is would you do 4 days up North and 3 in Jerusalem? or 3 up North and 4 in Jerusalem? When in Jerusalem we would be talking about a Friday Saturday and Sunday, Friday hoping to do a shabbot dinner with a family in Jerusalem and then one day would like to go to Masada and the Dead Sea and the other touring Jerusalem. I am thinking to tour the old city Friday early and leave the Sunday for anything else in Jerusalem. Are 3 days enough in Jerusalem?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many day would you stay?

3 days in Jerusalem including a day at the Dead Sea is too little. 3 days in the north, drive to the Dead sea to tour Massada and go to Jerusalem, return the car and tour Jerusalem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,217 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many day would you stay?

I would spend more time in Jerusalem and less up north.

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many day would you stay?

I have a tour guide for my 4 days in the North and will be dropping me off in Jerusalem....I was thinking of taking early friday to walk around Jerusalem going to Masada and the Dead Sea on Saturday with a tour guide and then having a tour guide show us around Jerusalem on Sunday. Just wondering if I should cut down the North to 3 days and add the Thursday onto Jerusalem.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many day would you stay?

Yes, cut to 3 days and add to Jerusalem, You don't need a guide for Massada and the Dead Sea unless the guide is the driver too.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many day would you stay?

Your 3 days in Jerusalem is actually only 2 days in Jerusalem and one day at the Dead Sea. I would do one day less in the north and add the Thursday onto Jerusalem giving you 3 full days in Jerusalem.

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many day would you stay?

Why is 3 days only 2 days? I could do masada and the dead sea on Saturday. leaving me most of Friday and all of Sunday?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,766 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many day would you stay?

You just answered your own question. Masada and the Dead Sea is a day trip FROM Jerusalem. It is not Jerusalem. Then as you said you have most of Friday and all of Sunday. That means you have ALMOST 2 days in Jerusalem. That is not enough. Take one day from the north and add it to Jerusalem which will give you ALMOST 3 days in Jerusalem.

You can discuss this all with your guide. If he is driving you to Jerusalem, he can do it a day earlier and guide you in Jerusalem, or you can do one day on your own.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many day would you stay?

Your guide could also take you to the Dead Sea on your way to Jerusalem if you drive via the Jordan Valley. That would give you more time in Jerusalem.

Edited: 04 February 2014, 15:44
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,620 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many day would you stay?

Your 1.5 days in Jerusalem is not enough. You should shorten the north by one day. Friday in Jerusalem is lovely but alot of places close early so its really a shorter day than Sunday.

Chana

Israel

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many day would you stay?

I have sent a request to my guide for the North to shorten our days from 4 to 3 and will be adding another day in Jerusalem thanks to all your suggestions. Hopefully my guide in the North is not upset now that she will be getting one less days pay.