I am planning a first trip to Israel for september and need help with itinerary and dates. Our trip has to include september 16-18 (for a conference in Tel Aviv), we could spend a total of 15-16 days and would like to visit Jerusalem, Masada, Haifa and Eilat with a side trip to Petra and Wadi Rum.
The ideal 2 week period for us would be september 12-27 (arrival and departure from Tel Aviv), but that would include 2 days of holidays (sept. 25 and 26) at the end of our stay. Would changing the dates(sept. 5-20) or the order of places make any difference?
My tentative itinerary looks like this:
1. sept. 12 arrive in Tel Aviv, take a flight to Eilat, spend the night
2. sept. 13 take a guided 2 day tour to Petra and Wadi Rum
3. sept. 15 fly from Eilat to Tel Aviv, spend 3 nights
4. visit Haifa, Jerusalem, Masada (asking for input on days and order)
5. sept. 27 departure day from Tel Aviv
I would appreciate any thoughts and help with a best itinerary for the above dates.