We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

Jersey Shore, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

I am looking for a Kosher venue in Jerusalem for my sons Bar Mitzvah in mid January after prayers at the Kotel. We will be approximately 40-50 people and are open to all recommendations.. need all the help possible!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,281 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

Between the Arches just off the Western Wall Plaza.

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

In addition to Between the Arches (most convenient) is the Quarter Café in the Jewish Quarter with views over the Wall or Kedma in Mamilla Mall with views of the Old City Walls. A bit further out, you would need transportation to take your guests, is Beit Ticho.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

I like the Quarter Cafe. It's dairy though. Is that okay for you?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

Before we all end up going far afield -do you have any preferences - meat or dairy? Do you need a glatt/mehadrin place or not? Do you want it to be within walking distance of the Kotel or will have transportation available?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,049 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

There were many threads on this subject recently. Just search the forum.

Jersey Shore, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

I am ok with dairy or meat, yes it has to be glatt/mehadrin and I do have transportation for my guests from the Kotel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

Thanks - it's good that you have transportation - that makes it easier.

You can look at this list on eluna which is a list of many glatt/mehadrin places in Jerusalem

eluna.com/Rest/RestbyRegion.asp…

Some are at Mamilla, which isclose by -but not all of those will be able to accommodate all of you in a private room. Luciana might - I doubt Herzl can.

I can recommend the following restaurants from personal experience, I'm sure others will have recommendations too:

Luigi (dairy)

Polly (dairy)

Sheyan (meat)

Papagaio (meat)

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

The Quaretr Café is easily walkable form the Kotel. But the hecsher is regular Rabbinut, not Mehadrin, so it seems that wouldn't work for you.

Oreets's suggestion for Luigi on Yoel Solomon is nice, but (unless they're changed location), I think it would be small for 40-50 people. And again, they are not Mehadrin, as far as I know. Do they have another branch?

Sheyan is an option (but I think their food is bland and awful...).

Beit Ticho (dairy) is a lovely dairy place. Popular for simchas due to their outdoor garden seating area.

Gabriel is supposed to be nice. Meat, gourmet-style, mehadrin. Located on a pedestrian walkway.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 08:10
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

Not sure which Luigi you are thinking of - but there is Luigi on Shai Agnon in Katamon - it has a lovely garden, lots of space and is mehadrin - fish and dairy.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar Mitzvah Luncheon in Jerusalem

Luigi on Yoel Solomon has been gone for a few years. If memory serves me they are redoing the building it was in.