We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

My wife and I will be in Jerusalem on the evening of June 3 through June 5. Shavuot begins on sundown June 3 and continues on Wednesday June 4. I was thinking of going to the Kotel after breakfast on Wednesday morning. Any suggestions of what to do after that?

Thank you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Depending on your interests - all the sites in the Christian Quarter are open on Shavuot. Also the Israel Museum, the Tower of David Museum and the Museum of Islamic Art will also be open.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

The best time to go to the Kotel would be *before* breakfast - there's nothing like the sight of thousands of Jews streaming through Jerusalem in the middle of the night for prayers at sunrise…

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Thank you both for your suggestions.

We have been to Jerusalem many times so we have seen the Christian quarter etc.

I think a bit too early re the Kotel for us.

Do you know if there are any walking tours to different nighbourhoods? Is Zedekiah's cave at Damascus Gate opened on a holiday?

It is getting more challenging to find places we have not visited, particulalry on a holiday.

Any more suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you.

Bathurst, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Hi,

I will be in Jerusamlem on April 14 for 7 dayś, during the Holy week.

I am a senior male which wants to see as much s possible.

What will the weather at that time, be like.

Are shorts wornin Jerusalem, weather permitting.?

What are the main places to see as a must?

All informations will be appreciated

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Hubert, please start your own thread as your questions are different from the OP and a more appropriate subject will yield you more responses.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Sorry to but in! I was also wondering about Shauvot- is it possible to check in / out of jerusalem hotels and get back and fore to the airport at tel aviv during Shauvot?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

Yes, it is possible to get back and forth to and from the airport any day there are flights.

You should be able to check into and out of your hotel - however, you need to check with the hotel individually, as it is possible that if you are checking in on Shavuot the rooms may not be ready for you until the evening, as the previous guests may not be checking out till a late hour.

8. Re: Things to do...Jerusalem on Shavuot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:19