We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Hello,

I'm going to be in Jerusalem for two days—Friday and Saturday. I originally planned on an all-day tour to the Dead Sea/Masada on Saturday, but since the only time to see the Dome of the Rock during these days is on Saturday, I now need to find another tour.

Can anyone recommend a good tour on Friday, or—and more preferably!—a tour that leaves a little later (say between 8 and 9am) on Saturday? That way I'd go to the Dome of the Rock at 7:30am, and be ready to spend Shabbat at the Dead Sea.

Thanks so much for your help!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,834 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

I'm not sure where you got your information - but non-Muslims are not allowed access to the Temple Mount on Fridays and Saturday, additionally, even on days that you can go up to the Temple Mount, you will not be allowed to enter the Dome of the Rock, or any other buildings there.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Hi! Agreeing with Oreet. There is no way that a non-Muslim can enter the Dome of the Rock. Sometimes there may be someone who claims to have ways to "sneak" you in. AND sometimes they are successful. But, understand doing something like this means you risk the chance of causing an international incident. ( and I am not exaggerating) Who is telling you that you can go to the Dome of the Rock?

BTW you indicate you live in Haifa. If you ever look at an Israeli newspaper you should know that you need to be Muslim to enter the Dome of the Rock or any other building on the Temple Mount.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Hi all—

sorry for the confusion. I'm very aware that I can't actually enter the Dome of the Rock. I just want to be able to enter the Temple Mount so that I can view it up close. Thanks,

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Just my opinion, but if I had to make a choice between seeing the outside of the Dome of the Rock or going to Masada/Dead Sea--I would definitely go to Masada/ Dead sea.Also, if you live in Israel--there are more days. A trip to Jerusalem should not be such a big deal.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Thanks, but I only have this window since a friend is visiting during that time.

Does anyone know of these tours? Thanks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,834 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

Check with the regular companies that offer day tours - for example Egged, United, Rent a Guide and Bein Harim. Also Abraham Hostel has "tours" to the Dead Sea and Masada - their tours are less expensive but are transportation only - they do not have a guide. They will get you to the places you want to see, give you a meeting time and then on to the next place but you have to tour on your own. In Masada you can get the audio guide.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
730 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

I did the Masada/Ein Gedi/Dead Sea tour last year over Passover week with Abraham tours and it was outstanding! They are top notch and very professional. I recommend the hostel too, if you need a place to stay and in doing so, you get 10% off all tours.

I also did the Galilee tour with them. Awesome tour company/hostel!

8. Re: Jerusalem Tours to Masada/Dead Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:17