We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"A Literary Culinary Connection" at the First Station

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
"A Literary Culinary Connection" at the First Station

I just saw this in Tablet, one of my favorite online reads. There's a lecture series at the First Station on "A Literary-Culinary Connection: Dishes Inspired by Israeli Novelists" The first one was on the novelist Meir Shalev, whose book "Blue Mountain" I bought while in Israel. Wish I had known about this series; there are still two more for others to catch.

tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/16658…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "A Literary Culinary Connection" at the First Station

How cool is that? I love the stuff they are doing at the First Station in Jerusalem.

The Culinary Workshop (HaSadna) there (I thought your thread is about that) is a terrific place, but nonkosher, and as I recall, you needed kosher places, so I guess that was a bad assumption. :-)

This sounds fascinating -- thanks for highlighting it.

Douglas Duckett

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "A Literary Culinary Connection" at the First Station

You are very welcome, Douglas. I spent much time at the First Station complex. I ate at the "Kitchen Station", "HaMiznon" a few times. Some dishes were excellent (like the mushroom risotto and a fewe others). I need to write a review, and point out the many positives but the few negatives such as it's not really a good idea to take the idea of a "picnic" so far that they serve sandwiches and breakfast pastries in paper bags.

The talks would have been fun....

dallas
Level Contributor
434 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "A Literary Culinary Connection" at the First Station

I would LOVE this but will just miss it! It sounds great! Thank you so much for sharing!

4. Re: "A Literary Culinary Connection" at the First Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 06:15