We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared Taxi versus Bus from Bridge to Old City

Sandy, Utah
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shared Taxi versus Bus from Bridge to Old City

Curious about a few things:

1. How much does a shared taxi ride cost from the bridge (Amman via Allenby) to the Old City?

2. How do I tell if the taxi is a shared taxi versus a private taxi?

3. What are the time savings versus using the bus at 40NIS (right?)?

4. If I use the bus how do I pay for them as I understand there are no ATM's at the border crossing? I assume for the taxi I can either negotiate a USD price or have them stop at the first ATM.

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,143 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shared Taxi versus Bus from Bridge to Old City

The Shared Taxi (Sherut) is considerable much less expensive and you can pay in forgeign currency from the border crossing. It is a large van painted yellow. A taxi is a car that says taxi on it. The bus is the least expensive way to go but the sherut is shorter time wise as it goes directly to Damascus Gate. Not sure about the pricing.

Chana

Israel

2. Re: Shared Taxi versus Bus from Bridge to Old City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Jerusalem