We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, California
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

We rented a car to take us down to Eilat. You rent from one office, then get an obscure map to find the car lot. After finding the car lot office, a surly man, strangely condescending when asked questions, went and inspected the car with us. We pointed out the dents and a bumper that was a bit loose (must have hit something, made funny notice, because the tire rubbed against it sometimes, disturbing). We took the car, drove to our hotel, loaded in kids and suitcases, then we noted a headrest was missing in the back.

Drove back to the main office (she had seemed friendlier) to get her to note it on the inspection form. She tells us to go to the car lot office. We have to do some loops to get there. Arrive and

tell of our concern. The first person says that he can't know what happened to the headrest between our picking up the car and then returning, he goes off saying he is just a worker. We find the original surly guy in the office. He looks at us as if he hasn't seen us before. We explain. He says we need to go fill up the car, because the gas is less than we got it. We say we only want him to note the missing head rest on the rental. Another person draws a line to explain that the gas in the car now is less than half an hour ago. A bit of back and forth. Surly guy finally finally writes that

head rest is missing and we go on our way. Would never rent here again.

Rented from Hertz to do

the return trip from Eilat, they we're friendly and helpful.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

If you'd have checked Shlomo Sixt on this site you would have seen the many negative comments that have been posted over the years. Sorry you also had a bad experience.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
194 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

I would love to help make your past experience into a better one, you are welcome to PM me with your information and I will try to make the best of it. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

Boaz:

The "past experience" can't be made into a better one now. Nobody here recommends your company, in fact every time a question is asked about Shlomo-Sixt, we advise people to avoid them. The complaints never stop and the problems with the cars and service are always the same. Why not invest in better cars and better personnel instead of trying to compensate dissatisfied customers??

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

Boaz--WHY must people post here to hopefully get satisfaction. Yes, we get it--you are hopefully helping people. Yes, you help people who PM you. But why are the office personnel and car jockeys so difficult to deal with. Do you realize this post is over 2 months old! I rent from Eldan, and now that they closed the downtown Netanya office from Hertz. BOTH places --THEY would have told me the headrest was missing if I didn't notice. A little proactive action by employees would be nice. People answering the phone, while in Israel and dealing with problems privately--would also be nice.

Again, I realize that you have thousands of good rentals. I know people rarely post positives, only negatives. BUT, taking all that into account, your company has more negatives reported than anyone else. If your service was equivalent, the number of posts here, would also be equivalent.

5. Re: Shlomo Sixt car rental Mamila, Jerusalem, to be avoided.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:15