We will have booked an Eldan rental car until the Sunday we reach Jerusalem and turn it in. After I had done some planning and made some reservations, I decided that I really wanted us to go to Beit Guvrin, tour the park and do the dig for a day. I contacted about reservations. My two preferred days weren’t available, however he said he could tentatively mark us down for Thursday, May 22 (which means we can’t do the Knesset and Supreme Court tour, drats!). Tentatively, because they have to have 20 people before they will confirm a reservation. He said to contact him again when we are in Israel. This means we will have to do a one day car rental while in Jerusalem.
Now to my question, can I wait to book the one day rental car until we get a confirmation on the dig for a day? We would only need their lowest class vehicle. The reason I would prefer to wait, we will go to Beit Guvrin no matter what, but if we can’t do the dig for a day, then I'd rather go to on Tuesday (so we can do the Knesset tour on Thursday) and add in Herodium on the way back.
This is a planning fail on my part and now I’m trying to make it work. Does Eldan tend to run out of the lower priced rentals?