We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about booking a rental car last minute

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Question about booking a rental car last minute

We will have booked an Eldan rental car until the Sunday we reach Jerusalem and turn it in. After I had done some planning and made some reservations, I decided that I really wanted us to go to Beit Guvrin, tour the park and do the dig for a day. I contacted about reservations. My two preferred days weren’t available, however he said he could tentatively mark us down for Thursday, May 22 (which means we can’t do the Knesset and Supreme Court tour, drats!). Tentatively, because they have to have 20 people before they will confirm a reservation. He said to contact him again when we are in Israel. This means we will have to do a one day car rental while in Jerusalem.

Now to my question, can I wait to book the one day rental car until we get a confirmation on the dig for a day? We would only need their lowest class vehicle. The reason I would prefer to wait, we will go to Beit Guvrin no matter what, but if we can’t do the dig for a day, then I'd rather go to on Tuesday (so we can do the Knesset tour on Thursday) and add in Herodium on the way back.

This is a planning fail on my part and now I’m trying to make it work. Does Eldan tend to run out of the lower priced rentals?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about booking a rental car last minute

Eldan may confirm a lower rental but actually give you a free upgrade. Do NOT walk into an agency to do this. Then you will be paying for a more expensive vehicle. Do it online!

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about booking a rental car last minute

Good point! I will definitely do it online. Hoping to know something a week out.

3. Re: Question about booking a rental car last minute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:16