We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

What options do I have to get to and from our Hotel Dan Panorama to Yad Vashem and cost.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

Option #1: Bus and light rail. You can get almost any bus from outside the Dan Panorama to the junction of King George and Jaffa Streets, then a light rail to Mt. Herzl, and then either walk down to Yad Vashem or get the free shuttle provided by Yad Vashem. If you have a Rav Kav card the journey in each direction will cost NIS 6.90 (roughly ₤ 1.20) per person, if not it will cost twice that.

Option #2: Taxi from the hotel door to Yad Vashem. Ask them to use the meter. Depending on traffic and the time of day I'd guess this would come to around NIS 60 (about ₤ 10.20) for one direction.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

More on the Rav-Kav here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k725…

(my original post, and my addition to it at post 8 in that thread)

Edited: 20 April 2014, 13:18
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

I would recommend getting a taxi, a tenner is not a lot.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

I think the real issue is whether time or money are more important to you. The taxi is faster, the bus-light rail is less expensive but takes longer.

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

Is it easy enough to catch a taxi to return to our hotel after our visit or do we have to phone for one.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

If there are no taxis waiting outside Yad Vashem you can ask a member of the museum staff to call one for you (if you don't have the phone number of a taxi company handy).

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,233 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

There are almost always taxis available outside of Yad VaShem and the worst case scenario is that the taxi is already waiting for someone so they will call for another taxi to come.

8. Re: Dan panorama hotel to yad vas hem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:15