We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa - Entry

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa - Entry

Hey Guys,

Travelling to Israel soon, during my time i'll be going to Tel Aviv and travelling to Jerusalem. I have a visa in my passport for an Iraqi trip a few years ago due to some work I did out there and also various stamps for Dubai.

I've read that these can cause you issues on arrival, is anyone aware of any complications when you have these kinds of stamps in your passport?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa - Entry

You may be asked more questions about the purpose of your visit to Israel but if you answer in an honest and straightforward way there should be no problems. If the purpose of your visit here is for work, then a letter supporting your visit would be useful.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa - Entry

Thanks Jebus.

I'm attending a training course / workshop for the week so not really a business trip.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa - Entry

So you'll have documentation pertaining to the workshop. Good if you have material in Hebrew as well. But I don't see any problems.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,776 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa - Entry

Israel does not limit entry to people based on where they have been. As Jebus said, you may ( or may not) be subject to a few extra questions. If you answer honestly and politely you will have no problems, assuming you are visiting for the purpose you state. BE aware that the questions asked may be repetitive, nonsensical in your mind, etc. etc. --just go with the flow and your entry should not be a problem.

I disagree with the need or value of bringing any letters. In today's computer age, these are easily forged--so why bring?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa - Entry

People enter Israel every day with stamps from Arab countries. Just answer all questions truthfully and politely, and you should have no problems whatsoever.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa - Entry

I do think it's a good idea to bring details of the workshop. It can't hurt, and anecdotally sometimes incoming visitors, especially those not arriving for general tourism purposes, are asked whether they have letters etc. At least in my profession, it's at least standard practice to supply visiting colleagues with such letters of invitation including a phone number where the details can be checked.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa - Entry

In Israel it is always good to bring more documentation that you may think is necessary as well as a contact name and phone number. The Iraqi stamp may be questioned but I doubt the Dubai one will be problematic. Just be yourself and let whoever is waiting for you to be patient and wait for you to to exit the arrivals hall.

Chana

Israel

8. Re: Visa - Entry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:17