We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busses to museums

Level Contributor
607 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Busses to museums

What LightRail/bus connection would I take to get to the area where the museums are ... Bibleland and Israel museums.

I would like to go there Wednesday.

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Busses to museums

Bus 14 from the central bus station will take you right there. The bus stop is on Jaffa Road (same side as the central bus station).

Level Contributor
607 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busses to museums

Thank-you! I am so glad you are here. :)

Level Contributor
607 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busses to museums

I assume the same bus takes me right back, too?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Busses to museums

No, all the 14 buses go to the museums and never come back... there is a bottomless pit of buses! ;-)

The bus stops at the museums are a bit confusing, but on each bus stop there's a map showing which route stops where.

Level Contributor
607 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busses to museums

Hahaha. Okay. And what time do the busses stop running? Is it like the LightRail?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,194 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Busses to museums

The last 14 gets to the museums at a few minutes before 11 p.m., long after the museums close.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Busses to museums

Buses usually run way past the hours the museums are open - for most lines 10 pm is a given - most go past 11 pm.

For any transport questions you can always find the information on bus.co.il -- not just intercity but also in the city and for inside Jerusalem you can also use egged's own website.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,194 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Busses to museums

For within Jerusalem the Egged website is a nightmare to navigate, especially if you are not familiar with the city. Even I find it hard going. The list of places in the drop-down menu is in no logical order, neither alphabetical nor geographic, and it can take ages to find the place you want.

Level Contributor
607 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Busses to museums

I was more thinking about when I would get home! I thought I might walk around a bit, and if there's a restaurant in the area, stay for a bite.

The Bibleland Museum offers a free English lecture Wednesday evenings, starting at 7:30 ... would probably go til close to 9:00 ... and then I wanted to have a bite ... so it's going home that I wondered about, and how late the busses ran.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,194 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Busses to museums

With the exception of the museum cafeteria, which is open on Wednesdays until 8, there is nowhere to eat in that area. Either eat there before the lecture, take a sandwich or eat when you get back to the city centre.