We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute question - tipping guides

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
257 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
last minute question - tipping guides

Hi,

I'm leaving this afternoon for my trip, so please forgive me for not searching the forums before posting this question. I have a day scheduled with a private guide who works independently and not for a company. Do I need to tip the guide on top of the guide's fee she's already charging me for the day?

Thanks!

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: last minute question - tipping guides

Trust me regarding what I mentioned Heather. The figure is 100% accurate and valid for many licensed tour guides per day.

John

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: last minute question - tipping guides

It's fair to say that the official tour guide rate for working with an organized tour is much less than prrvate guides charge.

13. Re: last minute question - tipping guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:17