We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To hotel from Central Bus station

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
To hotel from Central Bus station

Hello!

I will be arriving by bus in Jerusalem from Tel Aviv and would like to know 2 things:

#1 how to best reach my hotel. I will be staying at the Montefiore Hotel at 7 Shats Street. I will have a rolling suitcase which will be easily manageable if not over about 1/2 mile....(unless uphill!)

And question 2...from Tel Aviv is bus or train a more relaxing/scenic journey ? And one or the other station closer to that hotel

Thanks

Edited: 21 May 2014, 13:27
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

I am assuming that "from Tel Aviv" means from the city and not from the airport. Please confirm!

From the Jerusalem central bus station take the light rail in the direction of Heyl Ha'avir and get off at Jaffa Centre. From there, walk back to the traffic lights and turn left onto King George Avenue. It's about a five-minute walk from there to Shatz Street, and it's not uphill. You must buy your ticket for the light rail in the machine on the station (there are instructions in English) and validate it as soon as you get into the tram.

By train, it's scenic but extremely slow, trains are infrequent (only every hour at most, and at some times of the day only every two hours), and the station in Jerusalem is a very long way from anywhere.

Buses go every 10-15 minutes. There are two routes, 405 from the Tel Aviv central bus station, and 480 from the terminal next to Tel Aviv Savidor Merkaz (Central) railway station.

None of the above applies if you do in fact mean the airport, which is between Tel Aviv (city) and Jerusalem. In which case, send a signal to get details of that.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

Thank you. Yes I am coming from central TA. I will take the bus due to its proximity to the light rail. I lived in Israel (Haifa) back in the 70's and I am somewhat familiar with the hotel location. With all of the changes I hear that the cities are very different now! I can hardly wait to return, but it's still several months.

It amazes me what a tough time I am having finding hotels so far off. Thank you for your great help.

Nb

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

If you haven't been in Israel since the 1970s it will feel like a first visit, since everything has changed out of all recognition since then!

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

So I've heard! Last visit was in 1990 !! Are you able to advise the best way for me to get to Ein Gedi for a hike ? It was always a favorite destination for me. Feel free to message me so this thread stays on topic! Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

There are several buses a day from Jerusalem to Ein Gedi. See www.egged.co.il/eng

When will this be?

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

Thanks!!

Edited: 21 May 2014, 22:29
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

You can take the light rail as someone above pointed out to Jaffo Street and walk up King George to Shatz. OR, you can take buses from the Central Bus Station to Ben Yehuda Street in City Center. The #18 and #75 bus go to Ben Yehuda and King George.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

Thanks. Sounds easy enough

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

Not only the 75, but also the 74 from the same stop. Both of them stop on Jaffa Road opposite the central bus station (other side of the street).

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To hotel from Central Bus station

Ok...added those bus #'s to my list! Thanks