We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

Dear all,

I am back with questions. We finally booked our trip to Israel and now are looking for the place to stay in Jerusalem. I hope you can help us to decide. We want to rent an apartment for 6 day and found a few that we like. Now trying to choose one based on the location. For the amenities I prefer apartment #2 because it’s the only one that has the crib and we are traveling with 2 years old but not sure about the location. Also from the map it looks like it’s located on the highway (?) We will have Bar Mitzvah at the Kotel at 9 am on Monday so prefer to have an easy access to the Western Wall. All the apartments state that it’s 15-20 minute walk to the Old city but I am sure it does not mean this is the time to walk to the Wall. So which apartment one has the best location for us?

Apartment 1 : Ben Yehuda and Mordekhai Alyash ( close to Mahane-Yehuda Market)

Appartment 2: Derekh Hevron and Aminadaf (5 Minutes to Yemin Moshe and German Colony.)

Appartment 3: located in the heart of the German Colony Bustanay and KofshehKatamon

Thank you very much for your help!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

There is not much difference in getting to the Kotel from any of these. 2 is probably marginally the closest and the most convenient for a cab; all would be 30-40 minutes walk or a shortish cab ride.

1 is a downtown location, and is convenient for public transport and of course the market. Eliash is quite a busy road. 2 and 3 are more residential locations, both good for restaurants and nice areas to walk around. 2 is very close to extremely frequent public transport (Egged buses to the centre of town and Arab buses to the Jaffa Gate and Damascus Gate) and to the old railway station and Tayelet park; 3 is a quieter location but not as well served by public transport and in a particularly hilly area so may be less convenient for your needs.

NB the 'highway' at Derech Hevron is a busy but not huge road. It's not particularly noisy and especially not at night.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

Ben Yehuda is your closest. It's down town and you can use the light rail to get about. Take a look at Windows of Jerusalem as well which are on Agrippas . Apartment 3 is not in the heart of the German Colony.

NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

Avigail, Jebus, Thank you very much!

So #3 is dropped off the list. What about the neighborhood around apartment #2? I mean would we have a nice atmosphere if we want to walk around in the evening. I really like the market being close to the apartment #1.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

It's across the road from the First Station entertainment area and just off a busy road. It depends on it's exact location on Aminadav.The Hebron Road is busy in my opinion. It's not far from the German Colony and Bethlehem Road area either though not right there which would be more fun. Check out Colony Suites for off Emek Refaim in the heart of the neighborhood.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

In late 2011, I stayed at one of the King George suites on the street of the same name. Its not quite a suite, but it was very adequate for me and my sister. I don't know if they advertise a crib, but the owners are so nice that they may get you one.

I was so impressed with the location that I will stay there again on my next visit. The Ben Yehuda 'street mall' is in view and so close, the light rail is about 300 yards to the north, it is within 20 min walking distance to the Jaffa gate and the Mechane Yehuda. And as I found, the best falafel/shwarma place is there at King George and Agrippas.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

We stayed within a block of the Mahane Yehuda market on Agripas Street earlier this year. It was a fantastic location in every way. Not only having the market, but there was a health store for special dietary needs, lots of cafés and restaurants close by, and having the light rail close by was great. If you need a taxi just stand on Agripas street and within half.a minute one will stop for you. We would definitely stay there again.

NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

Thank you very much for your help! We decided to stay in the apartment #1. The owner will also supply us with a crib. Hope we made a right decision. Now back to the planning and i will be back :)

8. Re: Where to stay in Jerusalem- please help to decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16