We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique bar mitzvah venues

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Unique bar mitzvah venues

Planning a bar mitzvah in Jerusalem for next summer. Looking for a site other than the Kotel, Robinson's Arch, or Masada to do the torah reading and ceremony. Open to synagogues, archeological sites, or beautiful venues. Any suggestions?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Unique bar mitzvah venues

Having the bar mitzvah ceremony itself in a restaurant, etc, is not the norm in Israel - you would need to connect with a Rabbi who would be able to bring a Torah scroll to the venue, if you will be having services and reading from the Torah.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Unique bar mitzvah venues

My nephew got married last month at Ein Yael which is an outside venue on the outskirts of Jerusalem. I'm not sure if they do Bar Mitzvahs there. If they do, I wouldn't think it would be on Shabbat.

13. Re: Unique bar mitzvah venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15