We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii
12 posts
Save Topic
Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

My husband and I would like to buy 8 rail tickets at one time to cover our 5 day stay in Jerusalem. This way, we wouldn't have to stand in line to buy tickets each time. The Citypass website states "The use of single fare Ticket (paper) is not limited to the day of purchase". However, I have been reading that tickets are only good for the day of purchase. Can someone please clarify this?

I have thought about getting Rav Kav cards but we can only buy them on a bus or CBS which makes it inconvenient since the rail station is right near our hotel.

Thank you

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,765 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

Sorry - you can only buy tickets for the day you will use them - any ticket you buy will expire at midnight that day - so you can't stock up in advance.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

Oreets - this restriction had been waived in the last public transportation transition in February 2014 - you can now buy paper tickets for the tram in Jerusalem in one day and actually use them in another day! This is clearly stated now in CityPass website (the tram operator) (thanks to the Ministry of Transportation for forcing CityPass to change this!). If you read anything that tell you otherwise, it is outdated (before Feb 2014).

By the way, you can also issue a RAV-KAV at the tram service station at 97 Jaffa st., in front of "HaDavidka" tram station, not only in buses and CBS.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,765 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

Thanks for the update - haven't checked in a while - good to know that they changed this for the better.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

Thanks from me to Amos as well! I didn't know this either.

Hawaii
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

Thank you so much, Amos, for clarifying this for me. I was so confused because of conflicting posts. Now we can walk across the street from the hotel and buy the tickets we need for the duration of our stay.

6. Re: Jerusalem Light Rail Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16