We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour guide recommendations!

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour guide recommendations!

Hi there, we are a group of 5 and would like a private guide for half day tour of old city in Jerusalem. Would very much appreciate some recommendations. Thanks so much!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,562 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour guide recommendations!

Welcome to the Israel forums.

IN terms of half a day tour of Jerusalem. Understand first, that the cost for half a day is never going to be 50% of a full day. With 5 people you should get a full day. THe cost between the two is negligible ( and even less when divided by 5)

In terms of finding a guide. If you go to the Israel forums ( you are in the Jerusalem forum), on the upper right, 8th question down is a question, "private guides?" There are 3 links. All 3 links contain the names of guides recommended by regulars and visitors to the forum. The 3rd link also contains a guide that I wrote on "how to find and hire the right guide"

BTW I hope you are not going to say you want a guide for a few weeks from now. It is heading into high season and many guides are booked.

That being said, and i have no idea of her schedule. My favorite guide is Oreet Segal. She posts here on Trip Advisor as Oreets. She is one of the 3 guides who regularly give freely of their time and their professional expertise to help visitors. The other two are Chana ( VisitIsrael) and Davetheguide.

UK
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour guide recommendations!

Another option is Sandemans, see their website http://www.newjerusalemtours.com/

3. Re: Private Tour guide recommendations!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17