We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't find the threads. Can you please recommend places to pick up food for Shabbat in Jerusalem? I previously went to Marvad Haksamim next to the Great Synagogue, but I think that is no longer around.

Thanks again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

Their branch on Emek Refaim has a Shabbat take-out section, as does Grill Plus on Palmach.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,694 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

Here is a list of kosher take-out places:

http://www.eluna.com/shabbat/Shabbat.asp

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,939 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

There are also many places in the Machaneh Yehuda market that you can pick up all kinds of prepared foods for Shabbat.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
122 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

Many restaurants offer take out food on thursday/friday. What kind of food are you looking for - kosher, stricter hechsher, dairy/meat, "typical" Ashkenazi take out ( chopped liver, beef, kugel) or middle eastern style ( couscous, spicy fish) or eclectic etc. What location is convenient? There are a few places in rehavua, Talpiot, machane Yehuda.

5. Re: Jerusalem Take out for Shabbat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Jerusalem