We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Lansing, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Hi,

I am a Christian Pastor and some of our church has recently voiced a desire to send me to Israel for a guided trip. There is an obvious personal desire for me to see as much as I can for a broad perspective, but I also want the trip to be given by a Christian tour group that focuses specifically on the various "holy sites". In other words, because my church is sending me, I have a strong desire to see the "Christian" places specifically but I also personally would like to take in as much varied exposure as possible . It seems like several of the threads I have read have advised against the Christian tours citing that there is more to see in the modern city of Israel than "just the religious sites".

I am reaching out to trip advisor for some help/recommendations. I have never been to Israel or the surrounding areas before, so I am definitely a novice regarding this kind of trip.

I am looking for recommendations regarding travel packages/companies. If you have personal experience that would be preferred.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Pastor Al....I do very heartily agree with you. I will use my own pastor as an example. I have been encouraging him to go to Israel with me. it won't happen this coming March, but, more than likely will a year or so after that. I have encouraged him to GO and EXPERIENCE ISRAEL at a leisurely pace (staying as long as he can....minimum 2 full weeks)...learning, seeing, doing, being......and then to go home excited and "filled up" with the wonder of all that is Israel and THEN consider doing a group trip if he so desires.

Kathy

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Since I'm a former marketing director myself, I do agree with points raised by Pastor Al. The pastor will be much more effective at marketing his future Israel tour to others once he, himself, is excited by the life-transforming experience that such a tour is for so many people.

It's just that I have worked with those pastors who do come for the first time with a group and that CAN work too. If there's an experienced expert that the pastor can trust to create a good itinerary and the necessary briefing, this can work. In an ideal situation, however, Pastor Al is correct. It would be even better if the pastor as tour leader is familiar with our country in advance of his congregants and their experience here.

Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Hi Scott,

I just recently took a solo tour of Israel, and though I was really glad to have done so and have no regrets, the next time I go I would plan to take a teaching tour. I really appreciated the few local tours I plugged into while in Israel ... and when I caught a Christian group lecture, which happened now and again, I savoured those too!

I could connect you with a local pastor I know who organizes a tour group every two years. He organizes a fairly small group with people joining from various locales of Western Canada and, I think, the mid-west US too. As has been explained by others here, it is required by law, to have an Israeli-trained guide, and so he networks with an Israeli guide while in Israel.

I sat in on his orientation sessions and a "question and answer" night, and got on his mailing list. As part of his organizing his group, he sends out an email with pictures and comments of what the group will be doing, and so I received those this year to help me in my individual planning.

I think the next group he takes is scheduled for Feb. of 2016 and if you were to contact him this early on in the planning you could perhaps get in on the "ground level" of the planning, offering some of your ideas and suggestions - and explaining what you'd like to experience while in Israel.

I do know him and his wife personally ... and they have an excellent reputation in my city. You would be blessed in their company!

Please pm me if you are interested in connecting with him, and I will pass his contact email on to you!

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Friends of ours researched and found "Educational Opportunity Tours" was an excellent choice for them. They have several options to tour with Christian pastors, many of which have done several tours of the holy land. Google this touring company or put in search within Trip Advisor and you should find a lot of info. I read they were the most active tour company in Israel based in the USA.

15. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 14:05
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,360 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Annette ( or Sarah) --Advertising is prohibited on Trip Advisor. Also, Scott, the original poster made one post 9 months ago and for all we know he may have come and gone.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

Annette - we are all familiar with your site and it is mentioned here often but your post is considered advertising and therefore is against the forum guidelines - it will be removed.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

"The guide he always uses (Shlomo Ben Asher) includes some things that made the tour quite unique. He is quite a good musician and played absolutely beautiful Israeli music "

Shlomo Ben Asher!!! I've wondered for years if he was still around. We went with him on a trip in the 90's. Rachels grave & his music etc.. We went with a group out of Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Pastor Scott look around on the Internet. There are all kinds of groups that take Christian oriented tours. Some travel agencies specialize in them. Woodrow Krolls tours as suggested by Heather is a really good suggestion. He is a very warm interesting and knowledgeable man. He is a good choice even if you aren't out of his particular tradition.

Another thing I would suggest that you stay on in Jerusalem for a few days on after the tour. By that point you will be familiar with things and you can wonder around by yourself.

Edited: 19 April 2015, 14:59
19. Re: Israel Tours - Christian Pastor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 07:15