We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current status of tours in Israel- safety

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Current status of tours in Israel- safety

can someone give a status of tour sites that are being closed based on the current situation

Johns Creek, Georgia
Level Contributor
220 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

We are leaving this afternoon for New York and tonight for TLV. We are not cancelling, but the main reason for our trip is to visit family in and around Jerusalem. If we have to cancel planned visits to Masada/Dead Sea or other sites, we will still enjoy our time with the family. Hopefully, the main problem area will continue to be Gaza so it won't affect the many tourists (or residents) in the main tourist areas.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,970 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

Masada/ Dead Sea is not considered to be in range of rockets. I wouldn't cancel that.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

What is the status of private tours?

Are there particular areas of Israel that are being diverted on private tours?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

Each and every private tour is a unique, distinct plan that is devised by the tourist and the tour guide- obviously, all guides will keep the safety and security of their tourists at the forefront, beyond that - there are no blanket answers - it is a question of what the tourist wants to see and do and what their interests are and what their risk level is.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

given the tragic event that happened yesterday in Jerusalem, what is the current situation like? Mind you we won't be there until mid November so who knows what could be going on by then. Anything can turn in a day.

Just trying to book accommodations and want to make sure we book an area that is safe but I suppose that would mean just not the east I would guess.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,970 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

As you said, things turn in a day and mid-November is a looong way off ( not on the calendar but in terms of what happens in Israel) It is getting late to book accommodations in Israel, so I strongly suggest you get it done. As you indicated, you should book in West Jerusalem. Any problems, when and if they do exist--are happening in East Jerusalem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,778 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

Shells, with respect, you are in Ottawa, so you don't need me to tell you that tragic and horrible events can happen anywhere. We can't live our entire lives based on what has happened in one place or another.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

How true it is! Will be stopping in Turkey on our way so.....

It's a lot more volitile with respect to riots there.

Just have to hope we're not in the wrong place at the wrong time!

I better get booking!

19. Re: Current status of tours in Israel- safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 04:15