We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stamp in passport.

Stradbally, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stamp in passport.

I am travelling to Israel first and then onto Jordan. Can you advise on the position regarding an Israeli stamp in my passport. Is it better to have the stamp in some supporting document rather than the passport.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stamp in passport.

Israel no longer stamps passports at the airport. However, when you cross into Jordan, Jordan will stamp at the land crossing, which will show that you crossed in from Israel. As far as I know, they will not stamp any other document. That means those Arab and Muslim countries that will not admit those who have visited Israel may/will deny you entry on that basis.

You may have to get another passport earlier than expected if you plan to travel to any of those countries.

Douglas Duckett

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stamp in passport.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k732…

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,325 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stamp in passport.

Reading your question it seems you concern is Jordanian reaction to an Israeli stamp. Even in the days when you did get a stamp from Israel--there was no problem with entering Jordan. The two countries have diplomatic relations and although they may get testy at times, passage is allowed between the two countries. Israelis visit Petra without a problem.

I assume you are crossing directly from Israel to Jordan--so they obviously know where you are coming from.

Stradbally, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stamp in passport.

Thank you for the information.

5. Re: Stamp in passport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17