We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Yad Vashem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Yad Vashem

Hi

Could one of the resident experts confirm that from Davidka Square I should take the tram to Mount Herzl tram station and then walk to Yad Vashem? A quick Google maps search seems to suggest this would involve a 35 minute walk when I get off the tram at mount Herzl. Is this correct? If so, are there taxis available in the area i.e. is there a taxi rank nearby? My itinerary is quite full, and the 35 minute walk there and back would impact on the time I would have in Yad Vashem itself.

Many Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,826 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Yad Vashem

Yes, take the light rail to Mt. Herzl which is the last stop - then walk into Yad VaShem - no way is the walk 35 minutes. I do it in about 5-7 minutes - so at most figure 10 minutes. There is also a free shuttle that runs about every 10-15 minutes - usually more frustrating to wait for the shuttle than to walk.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Yad Vashem

Thank you Oreets.

Much appreciated.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Yad Vashem

And I am not a fast walker and can do it in 10 minutes easy....No need to take the shuttle but remember if it is hot to bring a bottle of water with you and to wear a hat in the summer months even for that short walk.

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Yad Vashem

We got lucky, the bus was sitting there when we got off the tram. But we did wait for it on the way back, and it did seem to take way to long for it to arrive. It really should be suggested to someone to speed up the cycle time of the bus to make better use of it.

Sometimes people are just all walked out, vacationing can be a lot of work.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Yad Vashem

<<Sometimes people are just all walked out, vacationing can be a lot of work.>>

True, but unless you are seriously incapacitated there is no way it could take 35 minutes to walk from the light rail station at Mount Herzl to Yad Vashem.

Measured on the Google Map with a piece of string, it's about 1700 feet (FEET, not yards, so that's approximately one-third of a mile. At average walking pace of three miles an hour, it will take one-ninth of an hour, or about seven minutes.

6. Re: Getting to Yad Vashem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17