We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am a Malaysian and I am planning to visit Israel

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Kinabalu...
3 posts
Save Topic
I am a Malaysian and I am planning to visit Israel

I have always done some research and i really want to visit Israel. I am planning a backpacking trip this coming October.There's a clear indication in Malaysian passport saying that Malaysian citizen cant visit Israel, therefore i want to ask how can i obtain travelling visa for Israel?

Highly appreciate your respond! :)

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am a Malaysian and I am planning to visit Israel

khwansunoto, Welcome to the forum. Yes there is a Malaysian government restriction. Since you live in Malaysia the closest Israeli Embassy will be in Singapore.

Please check the following topic with all the needed information:

tripadvisor.com/…59880279

Edited: 20 August 2014, 09:00
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I am a Malaysian and I am planning to visit Israel

Aside from the visa issue, you should note that the first half of October 2014 is full of Jewish religious holidays. Because of this, it's not the best time to travel to Israel. Accommodation will be hard to find - in fact most places will be fully booked by now - and anything you do find will be very expensive and it's unlikely that they will take bookings for less than three nights. Everywhere will be very crowded, with Israelis on holiday from work, and thousands of Jewish tourists from abroad who come to spend the holidays with family and friends in Israel. In addition, public transport doesn't run on many of those days.

Assuming you are able to solve the visa problem, you should wait until the second half of October to visit. The last day of the holiday season (this year) is October 16.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,081 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am a Malaysian and I am planning to visit Israel

You indicate you are planning a backpacking trip, Assuming you are able to obtain the appropriate Visa--be aware you just can't drop your tent/sleeping bag anywhere you want.

4. Re: I am a Malaysian and I am planning to visit Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:17