We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring East Jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Touring East Jerusalem

Hello! I plan to do a "self tour" of East Jerusalem(Lord willing this Sunday, I travel from the States this Saturday). I would like to see the Tomb of Mary, Mt. of Olives, Garden of Gem, Dominus Flevit, view up by seven Arches hotel, City of David, King Davids Tomb and finally the Upper Room. My first question is, I believe you can pick up bus # 75 ?? Is that correct? What is the best bus to pick up that will drop me off essentially at the top of the hill in East Jerusalem? + where is this bus picked up? and how is the Bus Stop AND correct direction Identified? Thank you so much for the help!

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring East Jerusalem

Bus 75 starts from East Jerusalem CBS across the street from Damascus Gate. It takes you up Mt of Olives all the way to the Russian Asvension Church. From there is a short walk to the view point where you can start your walk.

Take into consideration that your plan is A LOT for one day. You will walk a lot.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,609 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring East Jerusalem

Also check opening times for churches to be sure everything is open when you plan on arriving.

If you want to get directly to the Seven Arches overlook it would be best to take a taxi The rest of the day us by foot.

Chana

Israel

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring East Jerusalem

I can't recommend highly enough to call City of David at *6033 and book yourself a 3-hour tour in English. It is 100 times better than doing it alone. It's only 60 shekels. Otherwise, you will have no idea what you are looking at, which is a shame, as the City of David is the foundation upon which everything else in Jerusalem is based. And definitely go thru Hezekiah's water tunnel, and don't wimp out like so many other people and choose the dry woosie way. Totally awesome.

4. Re: Touring East Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15