We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midnight Bike Tours

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Midnight Bike Tours

Hi everybody,

Well after 2 previous trip cancellations over 2 years time (mostly for personal and budget reasons), I'm finally going to be in Israel in a couple weeks for the first time. The itinerary has us specifically in Jerusalem Sept 22-26. (Yup, I know it's the Jewish Holiday, just gonna make the best of it.)

I like to do active things in addition to the historical sightseeing, so I was wondering if anybody has any feedback or thoughts on the Midnight Bike Tour of Jerusalem (http://jerusalembiking.com/)

I'd like to do this one evening. I already have plans to do the ramparts walk during a day, and the Hezekiah's tunnels, and I thought this would be a nice addition to an active itinerary. Outside of Jersualem I'm also going to hike Masada and Ein Gedi one morning.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,721 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midnight Bike Tours

I hope you are planning on renting a car during that period. You realize that there is no public transportation from the eve of the 24rd until after sundown on the 27th. Rental agencies will be closed from about mid-day on the 24th and you will have to return the vehicle at the airport.

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midnight Bike Tours

Thanks, rdglady, yes I have a private driver already arranged. Well aware of the situation.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Midnight Bike Tours

The midnight ride was thrilling to say the least...intrepid bikers meeting for a journey that I will never forget....a bit hard at times for us older guys ..it was an incredible way to experience the city..especially at night. ...

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midnight Bike Tours

Thanks Lorenzoloviesitalia. Well I emailed them and they said they have no tours during my dates but would give me a private tour ride. 500 NIS. That seems to be about $150 US. So...that might be a bit out of my budget for something like that. It does sound intriguing though.

5. Re: Midnight Bike Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:16