We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

melbourne, victoria
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

We are a family of 4 looking for reasonably priced & central accommodation for the end of december. has anyone stayed at either of these hotels or can you recommend something better??

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

The Eldan is smaller than the Kings - I prefer it. It's closer to the Old City too. Is the Inbal in your budget? If so, I would suggest going there. On the lower end of the budget, try and look also at the Montefiore Hotel. Very central location.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

Hi, kleinish....

We stayed at the Eldan in May. It was a very basic, no frills place but very clean, modern, and conveniently located. It's right next to the YMCA and across the street from the King David Hotel. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Jaffa Gate. We were also able to walk to the Ben Yehuda street area. It was a bit longer. But "do-able."

The breakfasts were very adequate:...Two hot items, cereals, yogurt, cheeses, salads, fruits, and wonderful breads.

The assistance at the front desk was variable. It would depend on how busy they were and how many phonecalls they were getting. Sometimes the girls at the desk were a bit harried. But they did their best under the busy circumstances.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. It included soap and shampoo.

We had a room on the 4th floor facing King David Street and we did not notice any problem with noise at night. There is some concern about that because of all the construction in the area.

We booked 2 rooms for 5 nights and they gave us a nice discount. Ask about that.

I would gladly stay there again.

Have a wonderful trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

Other, mid-range options in the same area include the Three Arches Hotel at the Jerusalem International YMCA (my favorite), which is next door to the Eldan, or the Prima Royale not far to the south. I've heard good things about both the Eldan and the Prima Royale, and love the YMCA for a host of reasons which I have shared in other posts.

Good luck!

Douglas Duckett

troy mi
Level Contributor
935 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

I'll second the post re the YMCA - the rooms are very nice with a full-sized bathroom, and a great value at 75 for a single. The breakfast is only so-so but realize that it is not Kosher if that is a concern. Also about the only place to get restaurant quality food on Shabbat (Friday night and all day Saturday).

Know that some rooms at the Y can sleep three so check first if they or the other places can sleep 4 since the cost of a second room will more than offset the price of 1 room for 4. A double room there as well as most places means just that - 2 twin beds

You may also check out the Lev Yerushalayim since they offer 2 bedroom suites at reasonable prices (Google it to see US-based rental agents)

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

Actually, there are quite a few restaurants open in Jerusalem on Shabbat - Spaghettim and Focaccia Bar amongst the others.

6. Re: Prima Kings or Eldan or another suggestion??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:24