We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

New York
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

We have two full days in Tel Aviv in less than 2 weeks from now. The tour is 2 hours long. We're wondering if doing this and thus getting an overview of Tel Aviv on our first morning would be a good way to spend our time. Any opinions?

10 replies to this topic
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

Are you referring to the "Dan city tour"?

http://www.dan.co.il/Eng/pages/1415.aspx

Yes, it's a good idea if this is your first visit to Tel-Aviv.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

It’s a good idea if it turns up. I’ve tried to do it at some point on two different trips and it never showed. We arrived early then waited fir 45 minutes past the scheduled time bad never saw it. If you do manage to do it please let us know. I don’t think I’ve actually seen a report from anyone who has done it. I suggest you don’t try and use it as a hop on hop off bus - even if it does run it’s not that frequent unlike in Europe & Britain where the hop on hop off busses are every ten minutes or so.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,561 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

I see the bus frequently on the streets as I live in Tel Aviv center. So it is running. It will give you a good idea about the city.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

I did the Dan City tour about 5 years ago. It is well worth it, IMO. I would recommend riding a full loop to just get a Tel Aviv overview and not using it as a Hop On Hop Off bus.

Edited: 17 October 2017, 12:16
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,309 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

I think bus tours like that are great overviews, and I agree with rdglady that just using it for such an overview is best. After that, Tel Aviv is a great, walkable city, and from there I would see it that way unless there are any mobility issues.

Enjoy!

Douglas Duckett

New York
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

I just read reviews of this bus tour and they're pretty bad. Bus not showing up seems to be the main complaint, plus grumpy driver, doesn't know how to drive out of 1st gear, etc. Hmmm.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

If I'm taking the bus to get an overview of Tel Aviv, then first gear, aka slow, is perfect. If I want transportation I'll use a regular bus.

I rode the bus in the dead of winter. It wasn't crowded and when the driver saw people taking pictures he would slow even more. I understand that messes the schedule, but what a great opportunity!

Bottom line, like HOHO buses all over the world--great for sightseeing and terrible as transportation

New York
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

I looked on their website and although it gives the stops the bus makes it doesn't say what time the bus will be at any particular stop. It has some time table but I'm not sure which stop it relates to.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

Since I was doing the whole route, I just went to the first stop--which at the time was near the Port, not sure if it is still there or not.

New York
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?

That's what I figured we'd do - go to the port.

Reply to: Should we do the Tour Bus in Tel Aviv?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted