We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenirs

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Souvenirs

Looking for souvenir shopping ideas while in Tel Aviv and hoping to avoid tacky touristy stuff

Seekers
Gift & Speciality Shops
Yaniv Fine Jewelry
Gift & Speciality Shops
7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Souvenirs

For Christians I bought these Jerusalem crosses and for others both Jewish and gentile I had these key chains and other knic knacs representing different cities/ sites in Israel and Bethlehem etc. I bought a few things in Tel Aviv- Jaffa, Jerusalem, Nazareth, Akko etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Souvenirs

The Jerusalem crosses were made of olive wood and much appreciated by my Christian friends/ colleagues.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Souvenirs

Go to the Nahlat Binyamin Arts and Crafts Fair, near the Carmel Market, every Tuesday and Friday.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
7,310 posts
114 reviews
4. Re: Souvenirs

If you are (or are buying for) Christians who don’t like to have cross icons then there are some other really lovely options in olive wood also.

The Nahlat Binyamin market is great for unique hand made items.

There are lots of options everywhere for jewellery featuring Eilat stone (the national stone of Israel) and these are, of course, wonderfully light in weight to carry home.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Souvenirs

I bought Eilat stone earings/ chains for daughter and she loved them.

syracuse,ny
8 posts
1 review
6. Re: Souvenirs

Where did buy Elat stones ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Souvenirs

I bought them at Magnolia in Mall Hayam in Eilat when I was there . Eilat is a VAT free zone in Israel.

I have also bought similar stones in various malls in Tel Aviv such as Azrieli Mall @ HaShalom station but VAT was applied.

Reply to: Souvenirs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted