We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
160 reviews
Restaurant Suggestions

My husband and I will be in Tel Aviv for four nights in late October. We are staying at the Hilton.

We are looking for at least one special occasion type restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We are also looking for any other recommendations of places you really enjoying while dining in Tel Aviv. We plan to take a foodie tour of the city so know that that may give us some suggestions but would love to hear from locals and recent visitors about their favorites.

We are open to any budget as long as the value is there. To me, the dining experience includes the ambiance and service as well as the food preparation.

10 replies to this topic
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,974 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

There are some good recommendations in "Time Out":

https:/…the-best-tel-aviv-restaurants

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,974 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Recommendations by Ottolenghi and Eyal Shani:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018…

Edited: 18 September 2018, 13:26
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I very much back the list of # 1 because these restaurants not only have very good food, but also a great ambiance, especially "Pastel" and " Montefiore".

The restaurants or eating places of the list in # 2 might have interesting food, but none of the them has the atmosphere one would want for a special occasion

I would add "Zepra" to the recommended list

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
160 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses. I will now have fun reading through these options.

Miami Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Hii,

My suggestion

for your anniv go to TYO hope that you guys like sushi bc theyre the best.

now other spots are that you must try

Speakeasy

Mr and Mrs Lee take the cheff combination unreal.

Vong - Best bans in the city period.

Shilla.

Messa.

Romano.

Miznon.

Enjoy !

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,621 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I don't know Pastel. Montefiore's food is good. Ambiance??? not really the place is so noisy you can hardly hear yourself.

For a special occasion go to Manta Ray, practically on the beach. Book a table as close to the sea as possible.

Other restaurants on my list are Dellal, Suzzana, Thai House, Haj Halil, St. George, Marina Del Mar, Claro and Rustico.

Edited: 18 September 2018, 15:15
3 posts
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Miznon, Montifiouri, the Thai House are very good with great exprience. Definitely go to the Shuk and try some local street home cooked food! Tel Aviv is the place for you to try out good food!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

We were just in Tel Aviv in June and July. We loved brunch at Manta Ray (reserve a table outside by the beach). Happy hour (whole menu is half price) is a great deal at Night Kitchen, and the food is excellent even if you go some other time. We also really liked Saluf and Sons (Yemeni food, casual) and Hakovshim (casual). To celebrate our anniversary we went to Taizu--super expensive but really interesting food with great presentation and service (it is EXPENSIVE! we only went because we has a 250 NIS gift card, but had a great evening).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Just returned from a trip a few days ago. There are two places we had terrific dinners that would be great places to celebrate an anniversary: Night Kitchen ( https://nightkitchen.co.il/ ) and Dallal ( http://dallal.co.il/?lang=en ) We had stellar meals at both places. Their personalities are different. Night Kitchen has a young, cool vibe, great service, and well-crafted drinks. It's off of Rothschild Boulevard (especially nice to walk along the wide green tree-lined center section at night). Dallal is a more romantic place, tucked away off of Shabazi Street in Neve Tzedek (also a very nice area to walk, with lots of galleries, boutiques, etc.). We followed the recommendation of our server at Night Kitchen to Dallal.

Edited: 11 October 2018, 14:24
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

If you want an amazing experience, go and dine at the new restaurant Don Camillo at the stunning "Yafa Hotel" recently opened in Jaffa. It is located in their courtyards, surrounded by their original historic building of the 19th century French hospital, turned into a hotel.

Not cheap, but great service , very nice food and probably the most impressive restaurant site at the moment in Tel-Aviv

Regards

Malka Pollak

Reply to: Restaurant Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted