We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do with luggage?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
305 reviews
Save Topic
what to do with luggage?

Our plane leaves Israel at 11:30 PM. On a Sunday what do we do we luggage after we check out of our (Tel Aviv) hotel, The Melody? I know between everything we are brining and everything we buy while we are there, there will be quite a bit of luggage. (We never shop, but this time is different. I have tons of people in my life cheering for me that after 30 years of dreaming, I will get to visit Israel. Anyway, someone suggested having a taxi drive us around all day. I think that would be incredibly expensive. However, maybe we should get a guide. We already have Moti the week before taking us throughout the north and also Masada. I am going to see if the Melody might have a closet or something we can rent. Any

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do with luggage?

I can't imagine that the Melody would not be willing to store that for you since you are staying there. Ask, of course, but I would be very surprised if that is a problem.

I am so excited for you!!!!

Douglss Duckett

P.S. OK, for myself, too. T-minus six days!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do with luggage?

I am sure you'll be able to store at the Melody. If you're worried, get small locks and lock the suitcases.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,329 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do with luggage?

I have never been in a hotel in Israel that doens't have a luggage room. Hotels are well aware of the time between their checkout and when people leave for the airport. One of the things I used to do was take a clean hotel towel and washcloth and put it in my luggage. Then, before leaving I would go to the public bathroom in the hotel and wash the day's dirt off of me. ( at least my face, arms and neck) I would use the washcloth and towel and then return it to the front desk. They weren't always happy but they dealt with it.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do with luggage?

Great suggestion Rglady.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do with luggage?

Oh my.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do with luggage?

Thanks Anon. I never thought about getting luggage locks.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,329 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to do with luggage?

Luggage locks are more for keeping the luggage from accidently opening than anything else. Most can easily be picked. Also, don't forget when leaving the US the locks must be TSA approved--otherwise you risk them being cut if TSA decides to examine your luggage without you present. BTW I have been told that they rarely check EL Al luggage--figuring if El Al accepted it--then it is okay. It is OKAY to lock luggage when you return to the states ( unless you are making a connecting flight and won't be re-united with your suitcase in the middle ( to unlock it) Also, when you check in( in Israel) you WILL be asked where your luggage has been since it was packed. Be honest, it may cause them to open your luggage--but I would rather let Israeli security recheck my luggage than find an Arab worker had placed an explosive in it. --

I remember meeting a number of Congressmen and City Councilmen one year in the Business lounge of El Al. ( one was mine so I knew him) They had spent the day touring YESHA ( West Bank) They told security their luggage had been in the hold of the bus all day--and it was all gone through very thoroughly--no VIP treatment here!!!

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to do with luggage?

I've never had a problem with my unlocked luggage when checked for storage at a hotel anywhere in the world, no less Israel.

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to do with luggage?

I had a similar timing situation over a week ago. I was at the Cinema Hotel and they had a very secure luggage room. I'm sure your hotel has one too. You can email them before you go. I don't think you need to ride around in a taxi all day. Have a great time!

10. Re: what to do with luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 01:18