We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

We will be in Israel at the end of December. It will be our 4th trip there so we are looking for some new things to do. In particular what would you recommend in Tel Aviv or the Tel Aviv area. We won't have a car and will be there with our sons -- 18 & 22.

Someone mentioned to me that there is a tour of the Coca Cola factory, does anyone know anything about that?

Is it worth taking the egged bus to Eilat for two days? Are there tours that do this? (Many years ago when we were in Israel there were Egged tours all over the country but I can't find them anymore.)

Finally, we will be in Jerusalem a couple of days -- I have an idea of what to do there -- the Tunnel tours, Yad Vashem etc. Any suggestions for anything new that opened within the past 4 years?

Arik Private Tours In Israel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
My Israeli Guide
Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Zaatar - Israel Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

Egged still runs tours see http://www.eggedtours.com/. There are many other companies having tours too. A 2 day tour to Eilat leaves no time for Eilat itself.

What would you like to do in Tel Aviv? Museums, nightlife? Please give some indications of your inFor more information on Tel Aviv see:

The last 2 are not that informative.

terests and when was your last visit.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

Hi Flo220

in the last few years, Tel Aviv's old port was renovated and become a very nice and attractive place to hang out. the Bauhous center in Tel Aviv (AKA "the white city" ) is another important and realtively a newly renovated area in tel Aviv which considered a unique architectural and cultural site.

in my opinion, touring the same region over and over again gives you the opportunity to find the little treasures that regular tourists don't usualy find.

Neve Zedek neighborhood and Dizengof st., although being very touristic, are small examples of those places, which you can stroll around all day long, discover and visit the small galleries. another idea- Hayarkon Park has few hidden gardens that worth a visit. the tropical garden, the cacti garden and the pruned garden for exapmle.

I have never been to the tour in Coca cola factory, but I just read about it and it really sounds nice. only one thing- I doubt if there are any English tours.

in my opinion taking a deal that includes a flight and hotel to Eilat is worth, since riding the bus to Eilat and back will take you 12 hours (!) of your 48 hours vacation. (5-6 hours MAX each way)

about Jerusalem- Ein Kerem neighborhood is one of those hidden places in Jerusalem that worth a visit... and Mahne Yehuda market of course. moreover, the Egged Circular Line, bus number 99, a realtively new novelty in Jerusalem, stops at over 30 of the most popular tourist sites across the city, so there'll be an easier way for you to travel the city

by the way, if you want to tour outside Tel Aviv area, you can easily take the train and find lots of other nice activities.

if you got more questions, I would be glad to help

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

There are Segways tours of Jerusalem which you and your sons might like. Like the previous poster, I also wouldn't go to Eilat by bus for two days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

Thanks to everyone for their help (and to future comments as well.) Thanks especially for the Segway suggestion. My son loves Segways since we first saw one in Disney World. We've done segway tours in Florida, North Carolina and Italy, so doing one in Israel will be a lot of fun!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

Here is more info about the Segway tours cityofdavid.org.il/ArticleDetails_eng.asp…

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

Hi flo220,

We especially enjoyed the Diaspora museum in Tel Aviv, on the campus of Tel Aviv University. We enjoyed walking to Jaffa along the coast and eating there. If anyone is into soccer, there are games in Tel Aviv as well. You can get to these places by public transportation or by walking. We found Tel Aviv to be very user friendly. We walked a lot and enjoyed our visit very much.

7. Re: Things to do in Tel Aviv and also Tel Aviv to Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 04:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor