We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best value hotel

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best value hotel

So many good hotel posts are available. But I wonder, for June 2009, does anyone have good suggestions for best value hotels? Or, put another way, is there any good clean reasonable place with buffet breakfast for much under US $200.00 per night?

)In the past have stayed at the Crown Plaza, and now I'm looking at the Cinema Hotel.)

Lastly, I'm impressed as ever, with the variation in rates for the same package dpending which "best deal" you settle on.

Thank you for your patience and guidance.

d

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best value hotel

Cinema Hotel is a good option. It is located very centrally and about 5 blocks from the sea. Look at Hotel de la Mer and Hotel Maxim. Both are a block from the sea, reasonably priced. All Israeli hotels offer nice breafasts. Some more fancy than the others, but you pay for it.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best value hotel

I looked through my files to see if I had saved info about hotel costs on my trip last May. I cannot find anything. *sigh*

We stayed in Tel Aviv at the Melody Hotel and found it absolutely charming and the rooms quite nice with free wi-fi (and also computers in the lobby for guests' use who don't have a laptop along).....lovely breakfast and they also have snacks and beverages (including wine) complimentary for their guests around 4 p.m.

I think we paid around $200 per room )booked through Regent) and I would definitely stay there again.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best value hotel

After agonizing over Tel Aviv (and everywhere else) accomodations for my upcoming May trip, I finally committed to Cinema in Tel Aviv (and Melody in Jerusalem) It seems like the safest bet (I like their promotional movie on line) and the price was under $175/night though I thought long and hard about the Dizengoff Beach Apts.

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best value hotel

Oops make that Harmony in Jerusalem; either way it is music to my ears!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,409 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best value hotel

I am soooo glad you corrected the name of your Jerusalem hotel. I was sitting here --racking my brain as to where the "Melody" hotel in Jerusalem was!! -:)

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best value hotel

Good choices both - did you book directly with them?

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best value hotel

Yes, and both were $188/night

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best value hotel

Thank you all for your continuing replies. very helpful to share your own experiences. And ANON, after your expert guidance re Tuscany--good to have you back helping me on Tel Aviv.

I've written directly to the Cinema Hotel, per their website, to request a special rate for longer than 7 nights.

I understand there are usually no exercise facilites in these ?"boutique" hotels, and I assume there are simple reliable restaurants all around--if you know what to pick.

Again, many thanks.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best value hotel

Thank you, dzl1. Indeed there are no gyms at the Cinema and Harmony. In Tel Aviv you can take lovely energizing walks along the beach. In hilly Jerusalem, just sightseeing will expand a few hundreds of calories. Shoshi & Erirya can surely recommend nice places to eat at near the Cinema. In Jerusalem you have a whole bunch of places, kosher and not in Ben Shetach street and in the Feingold compound nearby.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best value hotel

The Dizengoff Center has 2 gyms. It is 5 minutes walk from the Cinema hotel. You can exercise there for a small fee.

Restaurants and cafes are no problem. You can consult the front desk at the hotel, they give good advice.