We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Ben Gurion to Ra'anana

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Ben Gurion to Ra'anana

I expect to arrive at TLV airport mid-morning and want to take a taxi from there to a relative's home in Ra'anana. (I will be coming off a transatlantic flight with luggage, and definitely do not want to take a bus.)

My question: Is it better to reserve in advance from home or to get a fixed rate taxi upon arrival?

Thanks

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,987 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Ben Gurion to Ra'anana

No need to reserve a taxi. Go our of the arrivals' hall, turn left to the taxi stand and wait inline. The dispatcher will put you in a taxi and off yopu go. The price is fixed, or you can ask for the meter. I suggest to take the fixed price, and not worry if you run into traffic jams. Don't take any other taxi, they are not authirized and you should not trust them. Have a look at the Israel forum page, top right, and see TOP QUESTIONS. One deals with transport from the airport.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Ben Gurion to Ra'anana

no need to make reservation.

the fixed price from Ben Guryon to Ra'anana is 150NIS but you'll might be asked to pay extra for you luggage 3.6NIS for each suitcase.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Ben Gurion to Ra'anana

Thank you both for your helpful answers!

4. Re: Taxi from Ben Gurion to Ra'anana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 07:17